22

A secret to tell.

What can he possibly
be meaning to tell
me when he's intoxicated?

Regardless, I won't
be taking him serious.

Might as well play along if it's
gonna get me to snooze the night
away sooner.

"Oh boy, a secret huh? I'm all ears." I search for a cozy spot on the opposite bed from him, sitting criss-cross while my palm finds my cheek to rest with.

I can't help but start to guess what it might be.

An embarrassing incident?

A phobia?

Something in his
family history?

Broken a law?

Beliefs or social discontent
with a friend?

"There's this twitch streamer."

Oh.

"Mhm..?" I signal him to add on with the statement.

His brows begin to furrow deeply, as if the brought up secret turned into a whole cover-up to vent.

The eyes I was staring into cut the ties with mine to view the marginally stained carpet, taking the observation that it makes it more easier to spill the beans.

"They without fail seem to be on my damn mind. Do you know how frustrating that is?"

Fingers of his searches for his thumbs to squeeze tightly at, the anxious leg bounce beginning to happen.

Is this a drunk confession?

Is he confessing hidden feelings for a twitch streamer that nobody knows about?

Do I personally
know them?

Acquaintance or not,
this would be a great opportunity
to call the fake relationship off
for him to chase after the person
he claims that's been running
around in his mind.

He found someone. It's time for
me to find someone too.

I couldn't help but be mindful of the frustration part Alex added in. What was so frustrating about a person you may think you've taken interest to?

The eyes that once pretended to be so invested on the hotel carpet found the path up to my own again, causing my breath to slightly hitch from the new intimidating expression that was a rare sight to see.

"Especially when she shouldn't be."

Right as those words slipped out of his lips, this odd gut feeling struck me without a warning. A gut feeling that doesn't sense any danger or incoming actions to be wary of, but as if it's trying to tell me something that I should've known way earlier before now.

Something that should've been obvious.

I can't quite place my finger on it, so I decide to shove the feeling in the way back of my mind where it'll be the least thing to worry about, shifting my position a little closer to inform Alex that he still has my full attention.