13

"So, you're basically leading him on?"

"What? No! Have you not been listening for the past 5 minutes?"

My best friend was the one to show up uninvited while I was in the middle of making my 8th ramen bowl for today, demanding to be let inside. Turns out, she doesn't miss me immensely, she only wants to know the truth on some rumors.

"I'm not leading him on. He isn't either. We are both fake dating." I raised my voice a little on the word fake, so it will get into her thick skull. Nudging her elbow to see if she wants some of my food, but replied with a soft 'no thanks'.

I thought that would be the end of her ongoing questions, thinking I made myself pretty clear on what's been happening lately on social media. Though her eyebrows are still furrowed, meaning she's still left clueless.

"So, he agreed to it?" I nodded.

"He didn't even ask any questions?"

"Not really. Kinda agreed to it pretty quickly." I throw my leg over my other, trying to sit comfortably on this cheap wooden chair.

She chuckles, as I give her a small glance wondering what she finds so funny about all of this.

"Are you worried that he might catch feelings midway?"

A clank sound shoved away the silence, my fork being dropped as it slipped away from my chipped nails.

I am worried. That thought crosses my mind every morning, every afternoon, every night. This is for only a girl to hop off my tail, and it's been taking longer than I expected.

"He won't."

⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎

I faintly smiled

I faintly smiled.

"Stop tagging me in tweets and goddamn vote!"

My eyes rip away from the phone screen, now onto the computer to the among us game displayed.

"I don't like your tone. Are you the imposter?"

"What? How the hell would I be the imposter If I was doin—"

[ C H A T ]
qtsatan:
It's quackity

quackity:
what

travypatty:
ok

born2bebi:
ok

gypsy:
ok

QUACKITY WAS NOT THE IMPOSTER

"Oh you weren't the imposter? My bad Quackboy."

My fingers find the volume button on my headphones, ready for the incoming yell of rage.

"I NEVER WAS THE IMPOSTER ITS YOU—"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

I stab another, and turns out he was spectating me.

"SEE—"

My laughter fills up my room, and soon after he joins in as well. His desk can be heard being banged by his fist, which has happened quite a lot ever since the call started. I noted that it's probably a habit of his.

We aren't streaming, this is for both of our channels.

No, I'm not playing with him out of BOREDOM. I'm running out of ideas for YouTube, and among us is the talk around social media currently. This is simply a opportunity that I took.

You will never catch me playing a game with this obnoxious streamer for fun.

You will never catch me doing anything with him if I weren't getting money out of it.

I just can't wait for the day of me flying over to vidcon rolls around. After I visit that guy, take a few pictures, fool the media some more, I will then announce we broke up after our trip.

Ping!

"Hold on, gimme a sec."

That's great

That's great.

No, this is absolutely splendid.

Jesus Christ, what does she have up her sleeve?

"I'm gonna kill you so your baby can be abandoned."

Well that certainly caught me off guard.

"DON'T YOU DARE—"

♡︎

WHY IS THIS SO FUNNY TO ME OSMSKWM