24

2k + words chapter as a apology
for the long wait ! <3 ||

What happened last night?

Oh, where do I even begin?

Should I start with the amount
of alcohol he consumed? Which
he strictly told me he was only
gonna chug one down?

Then how hard it hit him after?

Where he was nothing but
a hiccuping and babbling mess,
followed by his legs feeling like
jelly which resulted in me
giving the man a helping
hand to the car.

Oh, should I also
mention the girl that
insisted in being kind to
two strangers?

Or should I start with
the confession.

Seems like the more intense the headache slowly gets, the more Alex grits his teeth while squinting his eyes shut to avoid the irritating sunlight that I now hurriedly went over to close the curtains.

"Jeez, how drunk was I?" Is the next question of his, seeing full regret in his eyes for not putting much thought in the aftermath of it all.

I fall into a loop of uh's and uhm's, not too sure on where to start since there's many events that I wanna blurt out all at once.

I hate recalling memories that I want to desperately forget about.

The difficulty of getting my words out has been saved by another question being thrown at me, but the question itself may have made my situation even worse to spill.

"Did I say anything stupid?"

I search for a strand of my hair to fiddle around with, something I usually do when I'm either nervous or about to say something that I know won't score pretty reactions from people.

"You suggested on playing a game." I start off, finding a empty spot next to him.

After the suggestion, that's when a lot started to happen all at once. I begin to trip over my words and keep cutting myself off shortly when speaking, because I know there wasn't much else to add on before getting straight to the point.

The more longer I take to get my next sentence out, the more Alex begins to become impatient with me. He mentally embraces himself for what could possibly be what I'm avoiding to tell him.

"Just say it!"

Then I say it. "You confessed to me." His hand is off his temple that was rubbing small circles to ease the pain, watching me in silence like he's waiting for me to break any minute and burst into laughter.

But none of that happened.

"You're joking." Catching that small glint of fear in his eyes made me think twice about how much in denial I was about the whole thing last night.

Maybe it's true.

A drunk mind speaks a sober heart.