xv. WICKED GAME

┏━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┓wicked game┗━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┛

┏━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┓
wicked game
┗━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┛

IT HAPPENED when the girls were transferred to their home. Sherlock had called accompanying them a "waste of his precious time", which is why John sat in the police car with them, a friendly officer on the driver's seat.

Since their rescue none of them had said a word, which John had first pinned on their condition of shock, however, it was slowly becoming suspicious and awkward.

"You sure you aren't hungry?", John asked over his shoulder once again.

They were nodding like a machine, not changing their empty facial expression.

"Alright. Just a few minutes, and we'll be at your parents' house. They're already looking forward to seeing you. They were really worried."

Again, nodding. Silence.

John wanted to exchange a glance with the driver, but he was focused on the music spiraling through the car ("I want it that way"), tapping on the dashboard according to the beat. John sighed and wished for Sherlock to be here.

When they finally arrived, the girls got out of the car, slowly. The police officer gestured him to wait in the car. Relief was pooling through John, as he was relieved to escape from his weird situation.

"Take care", he said, pursing his lips to a smile.

The blonde girl raised her eyebrows, as if something had come to her mind. She lifted her index finger, conveying John to move closer. He lowered his head, so the girl could whisper in his ear.

"The man told us to tell you to greet Janet."

John nearly jumped backwards. "What did you just say? Janet? Which Janet?".

The girl smiled softly, but a haunting expression flickered in her eyes. "He said you'd know."

"You... no, it can't be. You aren't talking about the man who captured you, are you?".

"I am", said the girl quietly. "You know I am."

The door slammed open, two ordinary people running towards them, hugging their two girls tightly. There was lots of sobbing and crying and talking.

Sherlock really wouldn't have liked it here.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Watson", howled the mother, wanting to pull John in a hug. He stepped back, and glossed over it with a wide smile.

"Oh, you shouldn't thank me. It was Sherlock Holmes who saved your daughters."

"Send him my best regards. And my appreciation."

"I will", confirmed John. He didn't know why, but his gut instincts wanted him to leave this property. Now. The brown-haired girl was staring at him in a creepy manner. She hadn't taken her eyes off him even once.

"I'm sorry, but work is calling", apologized John in a hurry. "Be safe."

He stumbled back to the car, lumping into the seat and immediately pulling out his phone.

"Please get going. Those secretive sisters make me uncomfortable", John said pressingly.

"Yeah", murmured the police officer. "I kno' whatcha mean." He stepped on the gas, accelerating within a few seconds.

"I don't mean to cause any inconvenience, but could you drop me off in 221B Bakerstreet?".

"Sure, man. Why not."

"Thank you. I Appreciate it."

"No problem."

John tried calling his sister three times, after the last try he gave up, starting to wip his foot up and down. The police officer gave him a confused look, but didn't dare to say anything. When they finally arrived, John muttered another apology, already before the car had stopped. He jumped out of it as soon as the engine had decreased, instantly storming up the stairs, taking two steps at a time.

"JANET!", he was screaming through the floors.

Mrs. Hudson stuck her head out of her apartment. "John? Why are you shouting! I was watching a very... passionate movie." Sie sighed.

"JANET – DANGER!", gasped John, already opening the door. Mrs. Hudson followed him in tiny steps, the top of her vacuum cleaner tightly enclosed.

The door swung open in slow motion, and John basically fell into the room.

"Oh dear God", he let out. "You're safe."

Janet raised an eyebrow at him. She was sitting opposite to Sherlock, sipping on a cup of tea. "Why wouldn't I be? What's going on?".

"I brought back the girls to their parents. They still stayed quiet, Sherlock, it was... it was creepy. And then the blonde one whispered to me, that Moriarty was sending greetings to Janet."

Sherlock frowned, putting his cup on the table. It nearly splashed over, which he ignored by getting up energetically. "Interesting."

"It's not interesting! She might be in danger!", said John startled.

"True. It is interesting, though", added Janet, a grin over her face. "I'd like to meet the psychopath anyway. He might be fun."

Sherlock turned around, eyeing Janet curiously. "Believe me, he's gonna destroy your life", he interjected seriously. Then, clapping his hands and sliding to the other side of the room, he said: "It IS gonna be fun!".

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ A/N
I've uploaded a Tony Stark FF and
I'm officially daring you to add it
to your library thanks very much
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┓
endymion
┗━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┛

 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━P U B L I S H E D : 13 | 03 | 2021S T A T S :  5

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
P U B L I S H E D : 13 | 03 | 2021
S T A T S :  5.06k | 362
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━