ii. TERRITORIAL PISSINGS

┏━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┓territorial pissings ┗━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┛

┏━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┓
territorial pissings
┗━━━━ ༄ ━━━━┛

WHEN MRS. HUDSON stormed the kitchen at 7am, she was already complaining, without bothering to look anybody in the eyes, instead cleaning a few spots on her way in, throwing some food wrappings into the garbage. "Unbelievable, Sherlock, you haven't ever heard about respect, have you? Did you kill someone in the middle of the night – AGAIN? I mean, I thought a bit knocking is alright, but it went on and on and – oh. Who's that young lady?", asked Mrs. Hudson, after she'd finally entered the kitchen and come across Janet. She frowned at the girl, forcing an insecure smile on her lips.

"I'm Janet."

"Oh dear, Janet as in Janet Watson?". Mrs. Hudson glanced to John in joy, putting the palms of her hands together, locking the fingers of her right hand with those of her left.

"You've talked about me?", smirked Janet, cutting her dry blueberry muffin in two halfs.

"Not really. Actually, I was talking about Harry. And that you supported her." John smiled slightly, a hint of proudness appearing on his face, but Janet wiped away his expression.

"Don't exaggerate. It wasn't... it wasn't anything, really. I don't even like Harry."

The room fell silent. While John was staring at his empty cup, Mrs. Hudson shoved some crumbles off the table. It was also her who broke the uncomfortable stillness. "Where is Sherlock, anyway? I was telling him off just now, and he's not even here?".

"He didn't sleep last night. He must be in his bed, now. Or the leeches ate him. I certainly wouldn't be mourning", added John, arching his eyebrows accusatory.

"Oh no, have you two fought again?", said Mrs. Hudson sighing. She sat down at the kitchen table and longed for the Newspapers in John's hands, shaking her head in disbelief. When John resisted and held onto the newspapers, she shot him a glare."I make tea for you every day, young man."

She didn't have to say more than that. John let her read the Newspapers and cleared his throat. „We didn't fight."

"Oh boy, you never have a fight, do you? You're like an old couple. Apart from the sex, of course. I would have heard that. Except last night was...".

"I'll go to work now", said John urgently, his eyes widened. When he pushed the chair back with the hollows of his knees, the chair bend and nearly fell.

"Work? It's Sunday! I thought you worked as a doctor?", questioned Janet irritated.

"First of all, clinics can have opened on Sundays, second of all, I also work with Sherlock on detective work. It's very important what we do."