Chapter 04: Well, This Is Awkward...

*Zero's/Xavier's POV*

Everyone was taken to guest rooms, with the except of Fiona who already had her own room, and Shrek followed her. Queen Thumbelina and King Cornelius shared a room together, same with Alice and Willow. I was the only one to have my own room, and I'm definitely not complaining.

Once everyone was ready, we sat around the long rectangular table eating some soup, which was the starter...or at least looked like soup, but I who am I to correct them?

Shrek was sitting at one end of the table, and King Harold at the other. Queen Lillian and Alice's parents sat together on one side of the table, and I sat next to Alice with Willow and Fiona opposite them.

Well, this was awkward...to say the least.

King Harold looked pretty angry, and Shrek looked extremely nervous. When Shrek made a crunching sound with his food and had a toothy smile on his face, that only seemed to make King Harold growl in anger.

Fiona took a sip from her small goblet and literally belched and put a hand over her mouth, giggling. "Excuse me." Willow, Alice, Shrek, and I laughed with Fiona.

"Better out than in, I always say, eh, Fiona?" Shrek stated.

"Now that's a good one." Willow laughed until Queen Thumbelina gave myself, Alice and Willow a pointed look, making us stop laughing instantly and clear our throats. I'm pretty sure King Cornelius wanted to laugh as well, but didn't want to show it.

Shrek and Fiona stopped laughing, feeling the silence from her parents and Alice's parents. "I guess not."

"What do you mean 'not on the list'?" I almost forgot about Donkey, but he sure does like to make an entrance, doesn't he? "Don't tell me you don't know who I am?"

"Donkey?" Alice asked.

Donkey pushed the doors open from the kitchen and grinned at everyone. "Hey, hey, what's up everybody? Thanks for waiting." He jumped on the spare seat next to Queen Lillian and started ranting. "Man, I had the hardest time finding the palace."

King Harold pointed at Donkey. "No, no, bad donkey! Bad! Down!"

Fiona shook her head. "No, no, no, dad, it's alright. It's alright. He's with us. He helped rescue me from the dragon along with Zero, Alice, and Willow."

"It's true, your majesty." I spoke up.

"He's our friend." Willow defended him. Alice nodded.

Donkey gave King Harold a huge smile. "Yeah, that's me: The noble steed." He turned to his to the direction the kitchen is and started yelling orders. "Hey, waiter! How about a bowl for the steed?"

Shrek shook his head in embracement. "Oh, boy." He slurped the soup with a spoon.

"Um, Shrek?" Fiona whispered.

"Yeah?" Shrek asked, then his mouth formed an 'o'. "Oh, sorry!" He turned to Queen Lillian and pointed the spoon in her direction while laughing nervously. "Great soup, Mrs. Q." He rubbed his stomach and smiled. "Mmm."

Fiona shook her head. "No, no, darling." She placed her fingers in the soup, demonstrating that the soul wasn't actually for eating or drinking, which only made Shrek feel more nervous. "Oh...ahaha..."