Chapter 17: The Fairy Godmother Is Finally Exposed!

*Willow's/Anastasia's POV*

"Fiona!" I yelled as I floated next to Shrek's right, and Alice and Zero floated on his left.

Donkey whined and kicked his front legs up in the air before running down the steps with the three of us flying behind them, until Donkey came to a stop and allowed Shrek to jump down and point an accusing finger at Prince Charming. "Hey, you! Back away from my wife."

Fiona looked over at us from the position she was in. Prince Charming had dipped her at the end of their dance and he was just about to kiss her until she spotted Shrek and stood up. "Shrek?" There was a collection of gasps from the audience.

Aunt Lillian stood up and gasped. "Anastasia, you're flying?"

I flew forward a little with Alice and Zero, before allowing our feet to touch the ground. "All thanks to you, aunt Lillian. If it wasn't for our conversation in the library earlier, I wouldn't have been able to use my wings at all. You're words gave me just a small boost. The rest I figured out on my own."

Fairy Godmother flew towards us and hovered in between Prince Charming and Fiona. "You couldn't just go back to your swamp and leave well enough alone." She flew up and glared at Shrek while holding a tight grip on her wand.

I took a step forward and stood in front of Shrek, glaring up at Fairy Godmother. "And you could've left Shrek and Fiona alone, but you didn't."

Alice took a step forward and pointed an accusing finger at Fairy Godmother. "Instead, you tried to trick Fiona into thinking Prince Charming, your son, was Shrek all along."

Zero stepped forward and stopped in between Alice and I, blocking Fairy Godmother's view of Shrek. "And to top it all off, you blackmailed King Harold into doing your dirty work for you, when all he wanted was to do the right thing."

Aunt Lillian looked at uncle Harold in surprise. "Harold, is that true?"

Fairy Godmother started breaking out into a sweat a laughed nervously. "Th-that's preposterous! They're just silly little children, they don't know anything!"

Zero chuckled in amusement. "If only that were true. Except...it's not. At least, not for me, anyway."

Fairy Godmother slowly flew closer to us, glaring at all three of us. "Who do you think you are talking to me like that, boy?"

Zero smirked and drew his sword from its sheath and held it in his hands for everyone to see. Bolts of lightening were circling around it. "Correction: Man, not 'boy'. Also, my name is Xavier Drakos, but you probably know me as 'The Unsung Hero' - protector of Princess Anastasia, and Princess Felicity. I may not look it right now because I drank your 'Happily Ever After' potion, but I am the son of Zeus and twin brother of Hercules himself. Didn't anyone teach you to respect your elders?" There was a collection of gasps and whispers amongst the audience.

Fairy Godmother back up a little so she wouldn't come into contact with Zero's sword. "I see....so Merlin's theory was correct after all..." She looked at Alice, then me, and raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "...and if what you say is true, then you two must be-" She flew back a little and gasped in shock.

Alice giggled. "Don't be too surprised, Fairy Godmother. Mind you, it has been what...16 years since you last saw us?"

Fairy Godmother's eyes went wide. "It can't be...you mean to say that you-

"That's right." Alice grinned gave her a small wave. "My name is Felicity, daughter of Queen Thumbelina and King Cornelius; Princess of The Veil of the Fairies, but I'm pretty sure everyone here refers to me as 'The Wanderer.'"