Chapter 06: I'd Be Lucky To Fly To The Moon With You!

*Alice's/Felicity's POV*

After the awkward dinner, I went to explore the garden. It was absolutely beautiful to say the least. There were flowers in various different colours everywhere, the grass and bushes trimmed neatly, and a beautiful water fountain you can sit around, and lily pads with little white lily's on them.

I walked over to the fountain and sat down. I hummed the tune to 'Fly Me To The Moon' while playing with the water. I heard someone take a seat next to me, but didn't bother looking away from the water. "It's not like you to be out here alone at night."

"I needed to get some fresh air after being in that room full of awkwardness and tension between Shrek and King Harold. It felt kinda stuffy in there." I said while waving my hand around in the water, watching it dance between my fingers. "Besides, it's beautiful out here. I didn't want to miss a golden opportunity to sit under the stars with the moon shining above."

"You're beautiful."

I whip my head to look at Zero confused. "Huh?"

"I said it's beautiful."

I chuckled and shook my head, feeling heat rise up on my cheeks. "Y-Yeah..."

We sat in silence for awhile, other than the odd sound of a few crickets and birds talking. At least to me, they were talking. To Zero, it would just be the noise they usually make.

I don't know what to say in order to start a conversation with him...

I've started having this strange yet warm feeling inside whenever I'm around him ever since Shrek and Fiona's wedding party.

After Donkey say 'I'm A Believer', they played a slow version of 'Fly Me To The Moon' after. Willow accidentally pushed into me, no surprise there, making me bump into Zero. He helped me regain my balance and held his hand out to me, asking for a dance.

When I said yes, we danced in time with the song and enjoyed each others company. He told me a couple of jokes which made me laugh.

All in all, we had a great time together. Since then, I can't help but blush every time I'm standing next to him on the odd chance we are alone.

Does it mean I like Zero in a certain way?

Nah, that's crazy! He flirts with woman prettier than me with every chance he gets, like the moment before we entered the castle grounds. Not only that, but he's a Demigod, and I'm a fairy. I don't even think Gods and fairies are meant to be together anyway....are they?

I was brought out of my thoughts when Zero grabbed my hands and pulled me up. "Zero, w-what are you doing?"

Zero chuckled. "Making your night more entertaining than sitting down and playing with water."

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Oh yeah? And tell me, Mr. Entertainer, are you going to make my night more entertaining than sitting down and embracing what Mother Nature has graced us with?"

Zero looked to the side and smirked before looking back at me. He held his hand out to me and bowed slightly. "Would you care for a dance this evening with yours truly, your highness?"

My eyes went wide for a moment before I started giggling and placed my hand in his. "I certainly will, peasant." He laughed and placed his right hand on my waist and kept his left hand on my right, and I placed my left hand on his right shoulder.