Chapter 11: Time May Change Me, But I Can't Change Time!

*Zero's/Xavier's POV*

Shrek and Puss In Boots got on the back of Donkey, and Alice wrapped an arm around Willow's waist and lifted her up in the air since she still can't use her own wings yet.

Shrek waved at the men in the carriage. "Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you." He removed the wig and threw it away. "Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget." Donkey lifted himself up a little then charged forward, not noticing that Puss In Boots fell off when he did that. He threw down his hat and started saying some angry words in Spanish.

I grabbed his hat and placed it back on his head before picking him up. "Come on, I'll carry you over to them."

Puss In Boots smiled. "Gracias, young man."

I smiled back and shook my head. "It's nothin'." I couldn't help but smirk at him. "Also, I'm not as young as you may think I am."

Puss In Boots looked at me in curiosity. "Oh? Pray tell."

I turned to Alice and nodded. "Let's go." Alice nodded and started flapping her wings before flying up and following Shrek and Donkey.

I also flew up as well and followed them. I started making small talk with Puss In Boots before placing him behind Shrek. I told him about who I was, which he was surprised to hear. Heck, I'm pretty sure anyone would be when you come face to face with someone you didn't know was actually a son of an actual God.

With Donkey running a lot faster now that he's a stallion, and mine and Alice's fast flying, we managed to return to the kingdom in no time.
People started looking in our direction as soon as we turned a corner. They pointed right at us and started whispering.

"W-Why are they looking at us all of a sudden?" Willow stuttered nervously.

I smirked. "Maybe because we all look absolutely fabulous." I glanced to my left and saw a group of ladies smiling and pointing at me.

I decided to put on a little show for them and winked. I saw a couple of them faint.

I always seem to have that affect on women.

I looked at Alice and noticed she was watching, but she looked away before I could say anything.

Shrek stopped for a second to give some ladies a friendly greeting, as well as wave to a group of guys holding pitchforks.

Donkey decided to cease the moment and swish his mane around dramatically before charging forward. Alice and I picked up speed with our wings to catch up to them.

We reached the castle seconds later, but were stopped by a couple of knights. "Halt!"

"Tell Princess Fiona her husband, Sir Shrek, is here to see her." Shrek told them.

I flew down to the ground the same time Alice placed Willow down and walked up the steps with them.

Suddenly, we heard a loud scream coming from Fiona's room.

"Fiona!" Shrek yelled before running inside the castle looking around for her.

"You just couldn't help yourself earlier, could you?"

I looked at Alice confused. "What are you talking abo-"

"Oh, you know exactly what I'm talking about, Xavier!" Ouch...we're using our real names now?

I opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted by Donkey and Willow yelling. "Fiona!"

She stopped and looked at all of us in surprise. "Donkey? Willow? Alice? And Zero...you're a-"

"Fairy Prince, I know." I shrugged. "It's kind of a long story, actually."

"Wow, that potion worked on you, too?" Donkey asked in surprise.

Fiona looked confused. "What potion?"

Donkey grinned. "Like Zero said, it's kind of a long story. See, Shrek, Zero and I took some magic potion and...well, now we're sexy!"

Fiona took a peak at Donkey's back to see Puss In Boots licking...you know what? I'm not even gonna finish that sentence. "Shrek?"

Puss In Boots stopped licking and did a pose once he turned round. "For you, baby...I could be."

Donkey glanced at Puss In Boots from the corner of his eye. "Yeah, you wish."

"You guys, where is Shrek?" Fiona asked.

Willow walked up to Fiona. "Shrek ran inside a moment ago to go look for you, but what you see will definitely come as a shock. Alice, Zero and I will help you look for him."

The four of us walked up the steps, leaving Puss In Boots and Donkey behind, and ran inside with Fiona calling out to him. "Shrek?"

We ran inside the hallway and stopped. We split up from Fiona and looked in all directions, but there was no sign of Shrek, so we turned left instead and down the hall to see if he went that way.

I stopped in front of Fiona's bedroom door and heard noises. I could hear Shrek calling Fiona's name several times and Fairy Godmother mocking him. "Oh, shoot! I don't think they can hear us, pigeon."

I banged my shoulder against the door a couple of times until it broke off the hinges. Oops, sorry Fiona! I had good reason to do this, honest!

I walked in with Alice and Willow behind me. "They can't." I started.

"But we can." Alice finished.

Willow smiled and waved. "Surprise!"

Fairy Godmother looked angry. "Who do you think you are barging into a Princesses room like that?"

Alice tried to answer for us. "I'm surprised you don't-" Willow placed her hand over Alice's mouth and gave Fairy Godmother a fake smile. "Don't know who Fiona's and Shrek's best friends are." Willow glanced at me as if to say 'play along.'

I cleared my throat and walked forward. "I'm Zero, this is Willow, and this is Alice. Alice has a thing for playing dress-up, you see, which is why she as dressed as a Princess, I'm the fairy Prince, and Willow is the handmaiden. We heard Shrek's voice and wanted to see if he was okay." Willow removed her hand from Alice's mouth by the time I finished my lie.

Fairy Godmother nodded. "Oh...oh, right. Well, you all look wonderful. Now, if you'll excuse me, I just need to finish up here before I take my leave." She turned back to Shrek. "Don't you think you've already messed up her life enough?"

Willow glared at her and went to open her mouth but I tapped hers and Alice's shoulders, making them look at me. I put a finger to my lips, silently telling them not to say a word and just watch.

"I just wanted her to be happy." Shrek said sadly. I quickly glanced at Alice. I know exactly how he feels.

Fairy Godmother placed a hand on Shrek's back as soon as he turned away from the window. "And now she can be. Oh, sweetheart. She's finally found the Prince of her dreams."

Shrek looked down at his arms. "But look at me. Look what I've done for her."

"It's time you stop living in a fairytale, Shrek." Fairy Godmother told him. "She's a Princess, and you're an ogre." Willow clenched her fists in anger, turning her knuckles white but didn't say anything. "That's something no amount of potion is ever going to change."

Shrek turned around to gaze out of the window again to look at Fiona. "But...I love her."

"If you really love her..." Fairy Godmother started. "You'll let her go."

Shrek turned around and walked out of Fiona's room with the rest of us following from behind, not glancing back at Fairy Godmother and made our way out of the castle, trying to catch up to Shrek.

**End of Chapter 11**