01: Call Me the Worst Waitress

💐 Rose Hart – Feb. 13, 2015

   Now, maybe I was getting a bit extreme with trying to get the day off tomorrow. It wasn’t even about having my plans of being on the couch and watching Netflix anymore, I wanted the day off because what Sam said really ticked me off. So what if I’m single? That doesn’t mean I have to work on this terrible day, it’s bad enough that I have to deal with loved up couples next door but now, tomorrow, I’ll have to deal with a restaurant full of them? No thank you.

   So taking matters into my own hands, I decided to be the worst waitress of all time.

   How did I manage that? Well, by dropping trays of food, mixing up orders and being rude to the customers. I’m aware that this could make me lose my job but at the moment, I don’t care. I’ve dealt with Sam for almost a year now and I can’t stand it anymore. I hate his guts and I’m pretty sure he hates mine too.

   “Rosanne,” Sam speaks through clenched teeth after I ‘accidentally’ spilled a drink on a customer’s lap. I was hoping for an outraged customer but of course, the sweet boy had shrugged it off saying it was quite alright. Come on, this is New York, where are the rude people at? Mumbling a sorry to the boy, I fix my apron and walk over to Sam, passing Paige – another waitress, who gave me a frightened look.

   Once stepping into the kitchen, Sam closed his eyes and pinched his nose. This is it, I’m going to be fired. I won’t have to deal with Sam anymore. I’ll be free to work at a better restaurant, one where I could be an actual chef (Sam never believed I had the potential to be a chef) a place that I could actually enjoy working at. And though I did have the option to quit, I didn’t want to do that since that would mean I wouldn’t get paid the rest of the week and I could really use the money.

   “I know what you’re doing,” he says once opening his eyes to meet my gaze. His gray eyes look tired and annoyed. I kept a steady gaze, as if clueless to what he was implying. Did he honestly know what I was trying to do? He sighs and runs a hand through his jet black hair. “You’re upset that I didn’t let you off on your birthday and on Valentine’s Day so you’re trying to rebel against me.”

   Oh brother, I roll my eyes and fold my arms across my chest.

   “I’d appreciate it if you didn’t do such a thing,” he says with a bitter smile. “Now, because of your Katniss Everdeen attempt, you’ll be cleaning the restaurant after closing.”

   Katniss Everdeen? Are you kidding me? Shoving a mop and mop bucket into my hands, he gave me another bitter smile before stalking away. Grumbling profanities under my breath, I looked at the object in my hands before sighing. I felt the gazes of some of the chefs, I looked up and met Fate’s eyes before shrugging as if to say ‘what am I supposed to do?’ she gave me a pout before returning to the salad she was preparing.

   Looks like Sam hates me so much that he doesn’t even want to fire me. I’m sure he’s aware about how much I hate this job and is not willing to let me be happy by being free. Wow, pure evil this man is.

   “Whatever,” I mumble, exiting the kitchen. Because of my stunt today, no doubt tomorrow is going to definitely be the worst day of my life.

💘 💘 💘

(A/N): That’s what you think Rose ;) Anyways, the next chapter will be the fourteenth and it’ll stay on the fourteenth for a few more chapters before continuing on. Louis will come along in the next chapter so be ready for the sass? Remember (if you read TNSLTOSATE) in the Epilogue how he seemed a bit bitter – but still sassy – ? Well, that’ll be explained soon! I hope you liked it!

P.S. the lovely Fate Perkins (from TNSLTOSATE) aka Lily Collins on the top/side

Adios x