06: Call Me an Alcoholic

💐 Rose Hart – Feb. 15, 2015

     It was two hours past closing time, meaning it was one in the morning and Louis and I still sat at table seven, drinking wine and talking. However, the previous statement of only talking about our crappy love lives was gone. He talked about Sarah the Slut, and how she seemed like a nice girl in the beginning but cheated on him within the first few weeks of dating – she cheated on him three times in the course of almost two months – and once I had mumbled about her being an actual slut, for the millionth time, he finally agreed with a chuckle. We then went on to talking about my love life, he asked if I had a thing for Theo – which I immediately denied, which didn’t last that long because it’s really nonexistent.

     “Yeah, my mate Harry had found this restaurant,” he tells me after sipping on his third glass of wine. “That wanker told me that he followed this attractive girl he saw at Starbucks, he works there, here earlier this month. Maybe you know her, she’s brunet and has a strange name…”

     “Probably Fate,” I tell him knowing that Fate always catches everyone’s eye. If I was lesbian I’d totally have a crush on her, just saying. “She’s one of the chefs here and I literally want to be her.”

     “What’s wrong with being you?” Louis questions, his eyebrows raising in question. He seemed almost offended by what I said. “You’re truly great, Rose.”

     Pushing the blush back, I swirl my wine. “She’s Sam’s favorite, and I want to hate her so bad but she is the epitome of sweetness and I can’t hate someone like her.”

     “Sounds like Harry’s perfect match,” he mutters. He watches me poor another drink. “That’s your sixth glass.”

     “Thanks, Sherlock,” I say placing the bottle back down, it was empty. I raise the glass to my lips and meet Louis’ eyes; he blinks as I take a sip. “I’ve decided to be an alcoholic for the day.”

     By the time two in the morning comes around, Louis is yawning and having trouble keeping his eyes open. I take both of our glasses and quickly wash them before dumping the empty bottles, hearing Louis place the chairs onto the table. After retrieving my coat from the break room, I walk back over to Louis who just shrugged on a coat with keys and phone in hand.

     “It was nice to meet you Rose,” Louis says giving me a small smile. “I thought it’d be a dreadful day but you made it anything but, I appreciate it.”

     “Don’t mention it, I mean, I was sent here to make you feel better.” I give him a smile, my fingers fiddling in hope that he’d give me a hug or a phone number – something. But instead, he gave me a nod and bids adieu before exiting the restaurant into the crisp New York air.

     I stand there for a moment, felling a tad dejected and lonely. I help him with this terrible day and all he does is give me a nod? I glare at the hard wood floors. F*ck you, Louis Tomlinson.

     Huffing, I shrug my coat and march outside to lock up the restaurant  before heading to my car that was parked in the back. Breathing in the cold air, I thought about this day. And despite Louis abruptly leaving me alone, it was so much better than I thought it would be.

     God, Theo is going to bug me to no end tomorrow.

💘  💘  💘

(A/N): OKAY, THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER BEING VALENTINE’S DAY ("technically" since it's only one/two am). What do you think about Louis not giving her his number? Think he did the right thing? Idk, I liked this and legit wrote it no problem because when I’m supposed to be doing homework is when I’m the most inspired to write (it’s seriously a problem). Btw, if you read my story The Parent Plan, it will be updated Friday – gosh, it’s been 5ever since I’ve updated it.

Bye!

P.S. gif is me when i see new pictures of the boys (in Rose form)