07: Call Me a Git

👼 Louis Tomlinson – Feb. 15, 2015

    “Wow, you’re stupid,” Harry tells me as he handed me my coffee. I didn’t like the other barista because she always pronounced my name wrong. I sigh and let the warmth of my coffee warm my hands – I absolutely hate cold weather.

    “I panicked,” I tell him while watching the steam rise from my cup. “I thought that if I asked her for her number she’d think that this was some sham and that I made up everything about Sarah just so I can get in her pants.”

     Harry rolls his eyes at me before wiping the counter. “You overthink, and because of it you might not even see her again.”

     “See who?” The girl who always pronounced my name wrong butts in, her name tag defines her as Blake.

     “This girl Rose that works at the same restaurant your cute friend works at,” Harry says with a grin. Seeing someone at the register, he makes his way over to take their order, leaving me with Blake.

     She purses her lips. “Fate has told me a bit about Rose, she’s quite feisty.”

     “Yeah.” Subconsciously, my lips quirked into a small smile remembering how she ranted to me about her manager, Sam, who she’d love to kick in the groin.

     Before I had left the restaurant, while Rose threw away the bottles, my mind wouldn’t stop racing. Telling me that it was a bad idea to get her number because I haven’t even officially broken things off with Sarah and we had met on the grounds that she felt bad for the guy who was seated all alone at table seven. I’m pathetic. She might’ve not even truly liked me, she could’ve just wanted to make me feel better. She could’ve laughed in my face if I asked for a number and I wasn’t willing to take that chance.

     “Fate just texted me saying she was in a bad mood. Think you have anything to do with that?” Blake questions with her lips quirked to the side. I shrug my shoulders and think; was she upset that I didn’t ask for her number/give her my number?

     “I’m such a git,” I mutter to myself before drinking my coffee. “I should’ve asked for her number. I wouldn’t be feeling like douche if I had.”

     “Just swing by the restaurant later,” Blake tells me before walking to the register, in Harry’s place as he walks back over to me with a grin.

     “From hearing what you told me, she does sound amazing,” he says before patting my head. “Sorry to hear about Sarah, but hey, when something goes away something better comes along in its place… or something like that. I’m not very good with quotes.”

     Chuckling, I grasp my coffee and say bye to Harry before exiting Starbucks, letting myself be exposed to the dreadful cold air.

     I will go to the restaurant, I will go and talk to Rose and ask for her number. She might only be in a bad mood because of Sam or whatever but I’ll hope that it’s because she wanted my number too.  Because I have never really connected with someone so easily, and I believe that she was indeed sent here to make me feel better and maybe, I was sent here to make her feel better. Wow, I’m going deep here. I can’t wait to see her again.

     But first, I have to talk to Sarah.

💘 💘 💘

(A/N): THIS REALLY SUCKED but hey, we’re half way done with this short story! And look, it was in Louis’ pov, giving you an explanation as to why he didn’t give her his number. ALSO, look! It’s Harry and Blake! Blake from The Not-So Lovely Tale of Santa and the Elf and Harry from – jk, you won’t get to know what holiday he will be! I hope you enjoyed this update!

Bia

P.S. gif of Blake because I love her x

P.P.S. that emoji by Louis' name is supposed to be cupid lol