03: Call Me Pitiful

💐 Rose Hart – Feb. 14, 2015

   I couldn’t stop looking at him.

   It’s been a total of twenty minutes and he was still sat alone at the table. His hair was sticking up at odd angles because he had been running his hand through the brown locks, he even shed a few tears but quickly wiped them off with the sleeve of his button up – he looked like a complete mess. I haven’t bothered to walk over there again, instead I watched from afar as I served other tables or waited by the kitchen.

   “Stop drooling over the guy, Rosanne,” Theo murmured in my ear making me squirm. Snapping my eyes away from the sad boy, I turn around and glare at Theo only to receive a smirk in return. “Making googly eyes at him won’t wait your tables.”

   “Go away,” I say before approaching his table once more. “Do you need more water?”

   He just stared at the white cloth on the table, his fingers drawing random shapes as he took long breaths. A few moments passed before he looked up and met my gaze. “I don’t know what I did wrong to deserve this. She was the one that had cheated on me and here I am, trying to mend things between us but she decides to not even show up. She’s probably snogging some random lad on the street.”

   There was an awkward pause.

   “Uh, so no water?” I question, shifting on my feet because his rant started to make me uncomfortable. He broke his gaze away from me and looked out the window beside him. The sun has been gone and was replaced by the luminous moon, not a star in sight because New York’s bright lights.

   “Just let me wallow in self-pity,” he mutters with that broken voice that makes my anger from Sam completely wash away.

   Putting the notepad and pen in my apron, I make sure Sam isn’t looking before I sit across from the stranger. He meets my eyes when I do this. “You know what? Screw her. You seem like a wonderful guy and you shouldn’t be going through pain like this. She sounds like a stupid slut and stupid sluts should not make you sad.”

   “She’s not a stupid slut,” he defends with a glare. Huh, even after seeming bitter, he still defends her. I click my tongue. He must really love that stupid slut.

   “Yeah, and I don’t hate this job.” I scoff before looking down at the table. “There will be a better girl out there somewhere, you should go find her.”

   This time, he is the one to scoff. “Who are you? Cupid?”

   “Might as well be,” I mutter thinking back to all those times people would call me that because of my dreadful name. I give him one last look before I stand up and continue working. Surprisingly, not even had I taken two steps, he called me, and I found it a bit humorous that he said “hey, Cupid” to make me turn around.

   He attempts a smile. “Thank you…?”

   “Rose.” Smirking a little, I point to my name tag. “I hope you can read because for you, I’ll give you anything off the menu – mind you that I’m a waitress and I don’t get paid much so try and keep it cheap – on the house.”

   “Is this a pity meal, Cupid?” He questions, though it was a sensitive topic earlier, he smirked. I shrugged with a small smile, kind of not minding that he called me Cupid again despite the fact that I told him my name. “I’m Louis by the way.”

   “Hello, Louis by the way.”

💘 💘 💘

(A/N): lol, that last line though. Now, I know someone shouldn’t be able to bounce back like that but hey, I’m exactly like that – one moment I could be angry or upset the next I could be really happy – and besides, Rose did lift his mood a bit. There will be a few more chapters on Valentine’s Day until the days continue on. I really love this plot. Anyways, leave a comment and a vote – I hope you enjoyed this!

P.S. gif of Rose and her sympathetic smile to Louis

Bye, lovelies x

Call Me Cupid   »  l.t.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara