13: Call Me a Bad Dancer

💐 Rose Hart – Feb. 22, 2015

    Today was my first date with Louis – well, at least I think it’s a date, all he had asked me was if I wanted to check out this new dance club with him and, I, of course agreed even though I’m not that best dancer out there. In fact, I hated dancing because I’m really bad at it.

     “Just grind on him, he won’t notice that you can’t dance,” Theo tells me as he retrieves his order from Fate who had slapped his arm with a grimace. I roll my eyes as he sticks his tongue out at the chef.

     “The point is to have fun and to get a kiss at the end of the night,” she says with a grin. “Speaking of kiss, guess who’s crush kissed her.”

     “John finally made a move?” I question as she hands me the plate for table eight. She smiles and nods. “No offence but I don’t see you two together.”

      “Blake’s been saying that too.” She frowns. “What’s wrong with him?”

     “Just a vibe, but I can see you with that curly headed guy from Starbucks – it’s obvious that he’s infatuated with you,” I tell her with a grin, she glares at me. This may have been the tenth time I mentioned her and Harry and she was irritated by it because she likes this John fellow who is obviously not her type and is so wrong for her. She might be blindsided by his attractive face – he’s showed up at the restaurant once or twice to visit Fate – because it was a really nice face.

     “He’s just an acquaintance,” she tells me before shooing me off to go serve table eight. I laugh and continue working until my shift is done, giving a sorry to Theo since I wouldn’t be staying with him to help clean and lock up – he merely shrugs it off and tells me to ‘get some’. I swear, he’s more interested in my love life than his own.

     When I get home, I ignore Joe’s curious eyes and make a beeline for my room to find the perfect outfit for tonight, burgundy dress, black tights, high heel pumps and jewelry – or is that too much?  Not listening to my thoughts, I trudge to the bathroom ignoring Joe’s questioning, to straighten my hair, braid a small strand and do my makeup.

      The nerves don’t go away until Louis is at my door, dressed in a blue button up and looking great as usual. He compliments me with a gorgeous smile that I return and before I know it, we’re at the dance club.

     “Take my jumper so you won’t get cold on the walk to the door,” he says as he reaches into the back, presenting me with the sweater who wore the day he asked me for my number. He grins at me. Ever since that day, Louis and I seemed inseparable we would hang out at each other’s apartment (or ‘flat’ as he’d like to correct me) and if not that, we’d text or talk on the phone. I may not have been sure if I had a crush on him when we first met but it was clear now that I do have a crush on him.

     When we get inside, it’s loud and crowded but Louis doesn’t seem to notice as he smiles and throws and arm over my shoulder to lead me to the dance floor.

     “Just to warn you, I’m a terrible dancer,” I say into his ear as he stops in the middle of the action. He grins and leans into my ear, each word making his lips graze my ear.

     “So am I. I usually just move my head and hands to the beat,” he admits making me laugh. To prove his point, he starts hand and head dancing to the beat of what sounds like Maroon 5 song. I laugh again before I wrap my arms around his neck, making him stop his ‘dancing’. He looks at me with wide eyes, which I ignore because I will make a move. I’m tired of guys making a move, it’s the girls’ time to shine.

     So I kiss him. And he immediately responds, placing his hands on my sides, right beneath my arm pits. And we kiss for some time, until the Maroon 5 song is over – which was roughly almost a minute – before we pull back and I was met with a radiant smile. 

💘 💘 💘   

(A/N): LOVE LOVE LOVE IS IN THE AIR, CAN YOU FEEL IT? THERE WAS A SMALL TIME SKIP BUT AT LEAST YOU DIDN’T MISS THE GOOD STUFF ;D. OH, AND YAY FOR GIRL POWER! I WISH I HAD THAT CONFIDENCE, ROSE. I’VE BEEN WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE  I’M REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THIS CUTE ENDING THAT’S IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! AND BECAUSE OF THE NEXT SPECIAL!

OKAY, BYE FAM

P.S. gif of Louis doing his dance and if you want to see Rose’s outfit/hair it’s in the external link! x