12: Call Me a Sap

💐 Rose Hart – Feb. 16, 2015

     I could feel Theo’s gaze on me as I ate, it was patronizing and I wanted him to stop. It was simply because I hadn’t talked at all, besides telling him what I wanted, because my mind was swirling from what Joe had told me. That and I knew Theo was dying to talk about Louis since I had walked out of Starbucks after that Harry guy tried to convince me that Louis would show up to the restaurant yesterday – where I was more upset.

     Of course, he merely thinks it’s because I’m in love with Louis that I’m upset but that’s not the truth. I mean, he quite an appealing guy – both look and personality wise – and I might have a little crush on him, because what girl wouldn’t(?), but I am not in love with him.

     “It’s a good thing I made Fate text her friend Blake to tell Harry to tell Louis that we’d be here,” he says as he takes a sip of his water. My eyes shoot up from my plate, mouth agape as I watch him. He meets my eyes and grins.

     “He’s not going to come,” I conclude, letting my eyes fall back to the food I’ve practically devoured.

     “That’s funny because he’s  behind you,” he once again says nonchalantly with a shrug. My eyes widen but I don’t dare look behind me. “He looks a bit jealous, seeing me with you. Hm, he has nice hair didn’t notice since it was in such disarray when I saw him. Oh, look he’s walking over here.”

      “This better not be one of your cruel jokes.” I narrow my eyes at him only to receive his infamous smirk. I was about to say something else when there was a presence beside our table. I bite my lip as I watch Theo look up to Louis with a grin.

     “Hello!” He greets making me huff. My eyes crawl to Louis’ face, seeing his lips pressed into a thin line and his eyes trained onto the table.

     “What is this?” He questions, looking up to meet my eyes. However, my eyes fall to his sweater my mouth bobbing up and down – not knowing what to say because I just don’t know what to say. My eyes then go to Theo’s, silently pleading him to speak up.

     “A completely platonic date, my friend.”

     “Oh.” Louis’ lips go back to their thin selves and his eyebrows furrow. “Um, I, can I talk to you, Rose?”

     Every thought of Louis never wanting to see me again quickly floats away as I stand up, ignoring Theo’s thumbs up, and following Louis outside of the restaurant where I immediately wrap my arms around myself to block of the cold air. I meet Louis’ eyes.

     “I was, uh, going to come by the restaurant yesterday,” he tells me as he shoves his hands into his pockets. “But I had gone to talk to Sarah and officially break up with her… which is why I hadn’t um, asked for your number. I didn’t want to seem like that type of guy who seems to make a move on girl even though he just got his heart broken.”

     “I wouldn’t have seen you asking for my number as a move,” I tell him with a frown.

     “I would have,” he says while taking a step closer to me, immediately making me a tad but warmer. “Because something clicked the day we met, and never did that happen with Sarah. You make me feel some type of way, Rose.”

     “Cool,” I say because I was truly shocked. Does that mean he likes me? I mean, we’ve only truly known each other for a day – gosh, this sounds like a cliché because I’m actually getting excited that he might like me. Oh, crap all I told him was ‘cool’ he must think that I don’t feel a type of way with him. Damn it, Rose, stop thinking and talk to him. Louis blinks at me. “I mean, same – like, you make me feel some type of way and that’s good, yeah.”

     Louis laughs before he pulls me into a tight embrace. “Now, may I have your number, Cupid?” 

💘  💘  💘

(A/N): AWWW, I LOVE THEM SO MUCH THAT WAS SO CUTE AND LOUIS WAS JEALOUS AND THEO WAS A CUTE LITTLE PIECE OF POOP AND HOLY CRAP, I LOVED THIS ONE I WISH THAT I COULD MAKE THIS LONGER BUT I CANNOT SURPASS TWO PAGES ON WORD. DON’T YOU JUST LOVE ROUIS? I DO. OH MY GOSH.

ONLY TWO CHAPTERS LEFT, GAH!

P.S. gif of babe x (that’s the sweater he’s wearing in this chapter)