08: Call Me a Wuss

💐 Rose Hart – Feb. 15, 2015

     “So did you two have sex on the table?” Is what Theo greets me which earned him my middle finger because I was not in the mood to deal with him. I was upset, tired and um… I don’t have a third but whatever. I was upset and tired.

     Upset because I had spent hours trying to cheer Louis up and in return all I get is a nod. I understand that he had just witnessed heartbreak and I’m not asking him to jump me right then and there but I believe I deserved more than a f*cking nod. This upset does not mix will with the upset from yesterday with Sam.

     Tired because I couldn’t stop thinking about Louis, thinking about the night we had spent just talking and thinking about how much I wanted to hug him and punch him in the face at the same time. I kept tossing and turning, groaning and huffing, and um, there isn’t a fifth or sixth but the point is that I barely got any sleep.

     “Okay, Rosie.” Theo catches my arm, about an hour into working, when I go to retrieve my order. I glare at him because I hate when he calls me Rosie – he thinks it’s cute but I absolutely despise it as much as I hate Valentine’s Day and the rest of my name. “Tell me what happened.”

     “I don’t want to talk about it,” I mutter pushing out of his grasp to receive my order and take it to table six. When I do so I can’t help but have my eyes wonder to table seven where Louis and I had spent hours at. Shaking my head, I walk back over to where Theo stood.

     I couldn’t hold it in anymore. “I had practically spent my time trying to make him happy and all he gives me is a stupid, yet really cute, nod! What is wrong with men these days?”

     “Girls are worse,” Theo comments only to receive a punch to the shoulder. He holds his hands up in surrender. “Well, he was just stood up, Rose. You can’t expect him to just jump into something new.”

     “I wasn’t expecting a marriage proposal, Theo.” I huff, folding my arms. “I was just expecting more than a nod. Maybe a hug? A kiss on the cheek? His phone number? Because I really thought we had started a new, great friendship.”

     “Hey, if you two had a great connection, you’re bound to meet again.” He gives me a smile and pat on the back before serving a new party that just walked in. Sighing, I retrieve the meal Fate handed me and went toward another table.

     I don’t know anything about Louis, in terms of where he works and or studies, so I wouldn’t be able to find him if I could. He knows that I work here, so maybe he’ll come back. That’s if he felt that automatic connection like I did. Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair, undoing my ponytail in the process, and grumbled about how men are so complicated.

     I mean, I guess I could’ve been the one to hug him or kiss him on the cheek or ask for his number because he had indeed improved my day as well. Bu then again, despite my confident output I was the ultimate wuss of the wusses. I was nervous that he’d say no so I had expected him to do everything I wanted him to.

     “What’re you thinking so hard about?” Fate soon is standing in front of me, a frown on her face as she unties her apron.

     “Men.”

     “Ah, that’s why you’ve looked upset. Care to tell me about it?” She nods towards the bathroom. “We can just pretend to be in the bathroom so we won’t get an earful from Sam.”

💘  💘  💘

(A/N): THIS SUCKS, HOLY CRAP. I’m not really happy about this chapter…  I have nothing else to say so bye.

P.S. look at that gif of Theo aka Finn Harries (I want ten bc mmm, he’s attractive)