4 | Promised Kisses

Mickyyy: Mrs Smith rlly did us dirty

Mickyyy: Mrs Smith rlly did us dirty. Alllllllll the work for dis.

Despite Micky's dreadful way of texting, I couldn't disagree with his words. Basically, the entire class had been feeling the same way since yesterday---the day we were swindled into giving our projects out.

Usually, we presented them to the class on the due date, reading out whatever we had and getting graded from the project itself and our mode of presentation.

It was nothing like that this time around. Mrs. Smith did us one worse by taking all of our projects and sticking them in the black hole of her desk drawers, where nothing she seized ever returned from.

To put the cherry on top, she announced---while watching our miserable faces turn even more miserable behind her squinty eyes and thick-framed glasses---that presentations were to happen a week from now, without the hard-copy assignment sheets we submitted.

It was a wonderful way to start the weekend, don't you think? From all the students in Mrs. Smith's biology class humming 'Thank God it's Friday' to themselves and immediately switching it up to 'Fuck what you say day' by the end of the day.

Marie's birthday was the only thing that kept our hopes for a pleasant weekend from dying out, and on Saturday morning, the group chat flooded with an endless stream of birthday wishes.

That was until Micky's last text.

Laura.aura: Work? Micky you're worse than Rowan when it comes to cheating

Mickyyy: but did any of u let me see ur work? No. No talkie about cheatie then.

KevinBaller: since it's all over do we delete the group or?

Me: No.

Forever_Parker: no

Laura.aura: and this is my cue to leave

I didn't realize the meaning of what Laura responded with, but as soon as I got the intended meaning of giving Parker and I privacy, I had to let out a deep exhale.

Marie_biscuit: I think we should keep it too

Cerealkiller: Marie you didn't even like being here in the first place

Marie_biscuit: so?

Mickyyy: yh so? it's Marie's bday today so u don't have to point out her shortcomings, Rowan. dats just awfully rude

Marie_biscuit: I'm intentionally ignoring you, know that. Anyway are y'all gonna make it to the party? It's at 8.

Laura.aura: wouldn't miss it for the world!

Kevinballer: of course, can't miss a sista's big 18

Mickyyy: im there as long as there's food.