11 | Euphoria in Chaos

English, History, and Art classes filled the first half of my day

English, History, and Art classes filled the first half of my day. After which came Lunch. I looked forward to it as much as I dreaded it, reminded myself that I was really going for it this time even if my confidence waded.

It would have gone fine if I hadn't forgotten that I supposed to spend Lunch time in the library.

The thought was definitely at the back of my mind before Laura met me in the hallway and immediately fled with she told me she had something big to tell me.

Soon enough, I was seated at her table while she eagerly pecked at her food and brought up the issue.

"Did you hear?" Laura asked as she let out an excited sort of maniacal giggle. I had never heard her giggle the entire span of knowing her; it made me fear what she'd spout out next.

"What?"

"They broke up this morning, right after homeroom."

"Who broke up?"

"Parker and Isabella, who else? You think I care about any other school couple?" She looked at me like I was crazy for a second.

I matched her expression when I realised Parker wasn't in the cafeteria and that I had agreed to meet him in the library.

Laura mistook my frozen posture for curiosity and spilled the rest of her gained knowledge on the matter. "It happened during some stupid argument about him denting her car; it was believable since practically everyone saw him driving it. I mean, I'd have believed it if we hadn't followed them... and like, if Isabella didn't act so terribly." Disgust lingered on her features as she picked up a pea from her plate, popping it into her mouth after multiple failed attempts to pick it up by the fork. "Swear, I don't know how she got into the Theatre group."

"Oh..." I murmured, looking up at the clock on the wall. Fifteen minutes gone. Fifteen more to go.

"Aren't you glad about it?"

"I am. But I promised Parker I'll meet him today. He has a new tattoo---which I guess he was getting when we followed him---and won't show me unless I go see him in the library... right now."

"What are you still doing here then, let's go." Laura bounded from her seat, taking a hold of my hand and urging me to sprint to the library if I could.

"What about the food?" I asked, looking at our plates, which were still stocked.

The crazy look again. "Adrian, I can't believe you right now. Are you crazy?" It was funny she asked me that when she was the one looking deranged with the sudden shout of that question.

Seconds later, we were shuffling down the hall against the mass tide of students moving towards the cafeteria. Laura kept glancing at me with a huge grin, matching the internal excitement and rush I felt knowing that I was so close to it now.