32

Chapter 32: A different kind of Homecoming

"From fighting with each other to fighting for each other... That is how we grew together"

Ember leaned against Flash's car for a couple of minutes after Peter left to go after Toomes

Ember leaned against Flash's car for a couple of minutes after Peter left to go after Toomes. Her right arm still felt a little swollen and she was imaptiently waiting for it to heal but it was talking longer than she thought. The blonde knew her body was probably drained after everything that happened but she didnt have time to recharge she had a mission and she wasnt quitting unitl she died, as long as she was breathing she was going to push herself to the limits.

Crazy? Yes.
Could she get seriously hurt for pushing her powers so hard? Most definietly.
Was her father going to kill her once he found out about this? No doubt about it, so she may as well take the risk before he could kill her.

With a deep breath, Ember flicked her right hand slowly and let her eyes turn white as she activated her powers and without waisting any time she created her ice slide and went after Peter Parker and the Vulture. She moved as fast s she could, going to highest point she could reach with her slide but caught no sight of either Spider-Man or the Vulture.

"Damn it!" Ember cursed t the air as she realized she had no way of knowing were they went, she had no phone and no way of knowing where the Stark plane was going.

Just when she was about to head towards the Avengers tower to look for Happy Hogan, she could hear an engine from above the clouds. Ember made her ice slide go higher, and as she began to see less and less because of the clouds but she could hear she was getting closer to the plane, it was getting harder by the second to stay on her ice slide, she had never gone that far. Her slide was to slow for the jet and the clouds didn't let her see. An idea crossed her mind, something she had never tried before but she wondered if it could work, she raised both hands stopping the slide for a moment, she closed her eyes and tried to focus on the clouds around her then woth a hand movement she pushed them down, managing to get them out of her way and finally allowing her to catch a sight of a plane with a red figure clinging onto its surface. Smiling to herself feeling accomplished for catching up to her partner in crime, Ember thought maybe it was time to have a bit more fun with her powers and try another new thing.

Peter was holding onto the side of the plane, with all his strength, the air threatening to send him flying off the thing making it way harder than his usual sticking to ceilings trick. Still, he managed to pull through and move forwards, and closer to the pair of wings Adrian Toomes left on the side of the plane while he went inside the plane . When he finally reached the wings, Peter starts tugging a the wings suit just as a drone breaks away from it and watches worriedly  as the jet begins to change course while the drone flies straight.
In more of a hurry now, Peter starts tugging with all his strength trying to pry the folded wings suit off the jet. The wing suit  doesn't move at all and he decides to try a new tactic, clinging to the jet on his back kicking the suit, finally managing to move it slightly. Before he could kick it more the wings detach themselves from the jet and fly away, Peter takes this as a sign that he need to hurry and starts climbing to the the side of the yet. As he is climbing he hear something coming from his left, he turns his head only to catch sight of Ice Sorceress flying towards him in a cloud with the top part frozen, standing on it like its some kind of surf board.