05

Chapter 4: Where They're Normal
"Obstacles are put in your way
to see if what you want is really worth fighting for"

Chapter 4: Where They're Normal"Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for"

Two Months Later

Two hours. That's how long she was sitting in a dirty ally with a coffee in hand, waiting for a boy that wasn't about to show up. It had been the same story for the last month or so. Every morning Ember would sit in that corner, waiting for the masked boy who once begged for her help, but now it seemed he was to important to show or even call to announce his absence. Why she keeps waiting, she would never now, perhaps it has to do with the blind hope she has towards her fellow hero. Ever since the two returned from their fight in Berlin, things changed. Spider-Man stopped meeting her at their spot, which led her to wait and be late for school practically everyday and today was no exception.

The blonde girl ran through the empty halls of Midtown High, cursing the Spider boy in her mind . Ember entered the room with her head hanging low as she silently made her way to her sit, praying that the teacher who was currently with his back turned, hadn't noticed her arrival.

"Snow, you're late. Again" said Mr. Watson, still with his eyes glued to the board. "What was it this time? A car accident or the so called Spider-Man ran you over with his batmobile?" continued the man, earning a chuckle from most of the class. "Well, I suppose it doesn't matter does it? Detention for a week, starting tomorrow " he said finally turning to look at the embarrassed girl before starting with the lesson.

Ember was about to start working when she realized she didn't even stop at her locker to grab her stuff. "Brilliant" she muttered, hiding her head in her arms.

"Y- you alright?" whispered someone to her right. Peter Parker, a name Ember had known from quite a young age,they were together in kindergarten but they never talked much until last year, when the two got paired up for a project' you could say the two had been growing closer since then.

"Just stressed, don't worry about it" Ember said, sending Peter a small smile.

He felt his face getting red, at the sight of her smile, making him try to avoid her emerald green eyes, hoping she hadn't noticed the sudden change on his cheeks. "I could, uh, lend you my notes later, if you want?"

The blonde furrowed her brows in confusion until she realized he was looking at her empty desk, she flashed him a bright smile and nodded her head "That would be great. Thanks Peter."

The boy stared at her for a couple seconds,before snapping out of it and turning around to pay attention in class, trying to make his notes as neat as possible.

"He didn't show up?" asked Michelle Jones, appearing next to Ember at the cafeteria, startling short blonde.