18

Chapter 18: Keep Holding On
"I was holding onto you, but all you did was let go"

Chapter 18: Keep Holding On"I was holding onto you, but all you did was let go"

After the ransom situation, Ember decided she had to talk to Peter. Maybe he wasn't into her and that was fine, but she couldn't keep waiting for him if there was nothing there she wanted to know, instead of keep hoping for something that might never be.
It was about seven thirty and the night was young, she wanted to get it over with before she freaked out and changed her mind. Without giving it a second thought, Ember started walking towards Peter Parker's apartment, it would have been easier to just slide or fly over there but she felt a bit drained and it was nice night in Queens.

Ember was nervous as she stood in front of the boy's door, the whole walk there she kept imagining all the possible outcomes of this situation. The best ones ended with her happy and with Peter actually returning his feelings, and the worst ones lets just say she was hoping she wouldn't get all emotional to the point of turning the whole building into a freezer. It probably wasn't a smart idea to give some much thought to the situation, Ember didn't feel anything but her nerves eating her away. Either good or bad, things probably wont go as planned, and lets face it for her they never tend not to do so.

She raised her fist, clutching onto her purple sleeve anxiously, just as she was about to knock the girl chickened out and put her arm down.

"You can do this, he's just a boy" she muttered to herself, raising her arm once more only to out it down after less than a second. "Come one Ember keep it together, you just saved twenty people from blowing up and you cant talk to fifteen year old kid?!"

Instead of actually doing as she said, the girl turned around ready to make a run for it while still quietly scolding herself for being such a coward. When she looked up she noticed an elderly couple, a couple doors down, staring at her oddly. Realizing she looked like a mad girl mumbling to herself each time she treid to knock on a door.

"I-i was just..." she trailed off in her explanation, pointing at the door, trying to convince the couple that the situation wasn't as weird as it probably looked.

The old lady, got close to her partner and whispered something to his ear, and then both of them turned to look at her a bit worried. Ember fidgeted nervously with her sleeve trying to walk away from the situation, her cheeks burning red from embarrassment. The blonde was to busy trying to come up with an explanation that she wasn't watching where she was going, until she suddenly was falling. Turns out that in her distraction, Ember didn't notice the stairs and she went rolling down the squeaky steps. After a couple rolls, the short teenager finally managed to stop as she came crashing onto a wall.

Ember groaned, her back hurt and she felt like her head was still spinning. She could hear hurried footsteps coming down the deadly stairs and she decided she needed to sit down. When the girl made an attempt to grab the wall to help her stand up, her head began to throb and on second thought laying down a bit longer sounded way better that actually attempting to move. It wasn't that bad of a fall and it was mostly her pride that really got hurt, still, she knew if it weren't for her healing abilities she would definitely have a nasty bruise in the morning.