15

Chapter 15: Somebody That I Used To Know
"They say love hurts, but the truth is that not knowing if someone is real or not is what hurts"

Chapter 15: Somebody That I Used To Know"They say love hurts, but the truth is that not knowing if someone is real or not is what hurts"

Who is Ember Snow?

That's the question that has been hunting his mind ever since her eyes turned white. Peter didn't know what to think, he saw how her green eyes turned white and he knew.

Ember Snow is Ice Sorceres.

Ember Snow, the girl he always saw as shy and amazing was the cold hearted heroine that has been protecting New York City for over four years.

But really, who is Ember Snow?

That was something Peter couldn't answer. Perhaps he didn't know her at all. Peter Parker had a crush on Ember Snow for years, but now he wasn't so sure. Did he like Ember Snow or just the mask she seemed to put on? Which side was the mask?

Ember Snow. Even her name seemed to be a mockery of his dilema. On one hand you had the warm spark, the loving girl that he couldn't help but like. And on the other hand you had the cold, the heroine he was still learning how to get along with. He liked Ember, he had known Ember for years. Ice Sorceress was a stranger, someone he just seemed to clash with.

How could he like Ember and not Ice Sorceress, they were the same person and yet he couldn't bring himself to look at them as one and the same. Right now, everything felt like a lie, he wasn't even sure if the girl he liked was real or just a cover up for the ice mutant beneath. He felt like a hypocrite, he was also hiding Spider-Man from Ember and if the roles were reversed he wouldn't want her to doubt who he was.

But it wasn't the same, was it?

His thoughts were a mess, he was still trying to process everything. Just two days ago he was happy and smitten with a girl, two days ago he felt like he had a chance with that girl. Just twenty four hours ago he decided he was ready to tell her how much he liked her, just like Michelle told him to.

'If you care about her, just tell her'

That's what Michelle said and after a night of thinking about the risks he was ready to do it, he was ready to come clean and possibly even tell Ember his secret. Now, he was staring at his phone, his finger hovering over her name in his contacts, wondering if he should ask her out and tell Ember he liked her. He couldn't do it, no matter how much a part of him wanted to move past what he saw at the elevator and just go for the girl, he just couldn't.

'If you care about her, just tell her, but only if you mean it, if you don't then just let her go'

That's what Michelle said and right now, that's what made him want to tell her he liked her. But now, he couldn't tell her, because now, he wasn't even sure if he meant it. And if he didn't mean it, there was only one thing left to do.