26

Chapter 26: Surprises

"So no matter what, I promise you, if you need us...if you need me...I'll be there."
- Steve Rogers

After announcing her pregnancy the family celebrated the whole afternoon, talking about wether it was a boy or a girl

After announcing her pregnancy the family celebrated the whole afternoon, talking about wether it was a boy or a girl. Carter was certain it was a girl while Ember and Angela believed it was a boy. It was a night full of laughter and happiness and as the time for Ned Leeds to come pick her up grew closer she wished for that night to be as great as the last.

"What do you think?" Ember asked as she twirled her way to the living room where Angela was reading a book. The dress was very simple but Ember loved it, she was never one for showing off and she wouldn't want a dress that screamed 'hey look at me!'

Looking up from her book Angela gasped and clapped at the sight of the teenager. "You look beautiful!" Angela praised as she walked closer to her to get a better look. "Its a good thing your father is at work or he wouldn't allow you to leave the house!"

"Thanks" Ember grinned happily as Angela beamed at her. "I was wondering if you could help me with the hair?"

Angela smiled and guided her back to her room to help her. It reminded her of a younger Ember, when her hair looked a mess because her father never knew how to tie it up properly. Angela was the one who taught her how to do it, along with many other things. She treated her like her own daughter and Ember couldn't be happier to know that the little baby growing in her stomach was going to have the best mother.

"There you go" Angela said after a few minutes, leaving the brush back on the counter. Ember's blonde locks were on a braided half updo with a silver hair clip holding it together. Ember took a deep breath a bit nervous as she stared at her reflection. It was funny, the teenager was able to fight crime and head into action without hesitation but when it came to high school dance she was just a normal teenager, terrified of her first school dance.

"Oh I almost forgot!" Angela exclaimed just as she was about to leave the teenager to finish getting ready. "This came earlier for you" she smiled, handing her a small brown package and leaving her to it.

Ember frowned looking at the mysterious package. It had no name or any label, and even if it had any clue the girl wouldn't be able to read it. It appeared like the package came from a long way, since all the writings were on a language she couldn't identify. For a second she wondered if it was even a good idea to open it, maybe it wasn't even meant for her and there had been some sort of mistake, but in the end curiosity killed the cat and by the time she gave it a second though she had already ripped the brown paper apart. Inside there was a letter and a small box, now she was almost certain there had been some sort of mistake and that wasn't meant for but she still decided to open the letter. Unlike what she first thought the letter was indeed addressed to her and as soon as she saw the calligraphy she knew who wrote it.