Chapter 10

Leyton's POV

"So son tell me about this girl." My dad said as he moved into a position to strike.

"The is nothing to tell." I said as a smile threatened to break onto my face as I thought of Sky.

"You can't fool me Leyton." My father said with a serious expression as he turned all of his focus to me.

"To be honest Dad, I don't know how I feel about her exactly. I don't even know much about her." I said releasing a sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"How long has it been since you met her?" My dad asked leaning against a nearby table.

"A month or slightly less." I said with a slight shrug.

"That's longer than I expected. He replied, making my eyes widen in both amusement and surprise. "You know that the men in our family are quick to take the women that they like, we don't wait for anyone to steal the woman from our grips. I courted your Mother the moment I was old enough to understand my feelings for her and I knew she was old enough to not be freaked out by my confession.

"Yes, but Mom and you have known each other since you were children." I said and watched as my father nervously chuckled at being caught, making me smirk in satisfaction.

"Okay, but your uncle Luciano courted Lily after 3 days of knowing her." Dad said still trying to prove a point. " I was a shy boy and the only person I was ever comfortable with when I was growing up was your Mother. Imagine as a child I already had feelings for your mother." He said with the smile that he had whenever he spoke about my mother, anyone who saw him would be able to see that he loved my mom.

"Dad to be honest with you I like her, but I have a child and she doesn't. She's only in her early 20s, I don't want to pressurise her plus she doesn't really know who I am yet. What if my real identity overwhelms her." I said voicing out my concerns. "She probably still wants to party and be with her friends whereas I am a father who distributes their time between being a good father to Olivia and running the company. I love how she is with Olivia, I just like a lot of things about her." I said with a somber look as I opened up to my father.

"I understand what you're saying Leyton, from what I've seen I can tell that she loves and cares about Olivia, in the same way that Olivia cares about her. She's a good person, she is good for both you and Olivia. Son let your heart lead the way for once, Skylin is different from Macey, I don't think that she will leave or use you." He told me as he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"I hear you Dad." I said suddenly feeling exhausted as I racked my fingers through my hair.

"Relax Son, don't overthink this. It will all work out in the end, but listen Leyton, everyone wants a good person so don't let her slip through your fingers. Good people are rare and they don't come by everyday." He said looking at me with a stern and serious look. "Now let's play one more round before we head upstairs to join the ladies." Dad responded his face brightening up again as a grin filled up his face.

"I'll beat you this round Dad." I challenged as I smirked at my father.

"You're on, Rookie." Dad teased as we began playing again.

•••••

"You must come to visit again soon." Valeria said as she hugged Skylin and then moved on to hug me. "Poor Dear must be exhausted." She said as she pecked Olivia's cheek, who was fast asleep with a cute, little snore.

"We will make sure to come again soon, Mother." I said as I switched Olivia to my other hand as I felt my right hand becoming limp.

"We hope to see you again Sweetheart." Father said as he pulled Sky into a hug which surprised me because my father was the complete opposite of my Mother. He only hugged people that he liked or his family.