Chapter 20

It's been a month since the recital and today Leyton had suggested that we go on a date. Leyton says that we will be gone for most of the day doing activities all over the city. 

I wore black skinny jeans and a white top beneath my jean jacket, I then paired the outfit with my white and black Converse All Star in order to be comfortable. Leyton had said it would be a casual day and that I should dress casually so here I was.

"Are you ready to go?" Leyton asked dressed in a smiliar outfit as me except the boy version.

"Yes, just a sec." I said trying my hair into a high ponytail to complete my look. "What time is it?" I asked Leyton.

"09:07, we're still good for time, more or less anyway." He responded interlocking our fingers.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked curiousity eating at my being.

"You'll see when we get there." He replied refusing to give out any information.

"See you some time later." I said to Brianna, Charlotte and Rebecca who were in the kitchen.

"Okay Sweetie." Charlotte said before the other ladies said to have fun. 

Before I exited the door I heard a little voice call out for me to wait just before I felt little hands wrapping around my waist. Looking down I was met with the charming face of Olivia.

"Where are you going Mommy?" She asked looking at me with curious eyes, but sadly I didn't really have an answer because I myself didn't know where exactly where we going.

"I'm taking Mommy to go see something." Leyton said stepping into the conversation.

"Can I come?" She asked, excitement filling her eyes.

"I'm sorry Sweetheart but only grown ups can go to the place that I'm taking Mommy." Leyton explained looking apologetically at his daughter, who's face had dropped with disappointment.

"Okay, be safe." She said waving at us before she went back to the playroom.

"Can't we bring her along?" I asked the disappointment that was in Olivia's eyes tugging at my heart strings.

"Some other time my Love, today is about you and me spending some quality time together. Plus I face a surprise for you."Leyton said as we made our way to the awaiting car outside.

"Okay so will you tell me where we are going now?" I asked with pleading eyes that only made Leyton laugh at my persistence, instead of replying Leyton just switched on the radio and let music flood in from the speakers.

We drove the rest of the way in silence until we got to an archery club where we were greeted by a guy named Sam who would be helping me with my lesson, which I was excited about. I've always liked archery but I've never been able to do it so standing here right now as I wore all the safety clothes I couldn't contain the grin that was spread out across my face.

When we got to the field I tried to shoot and miserably failed as the bow not only missed the target but also missed the whole board entirely. I tried again and the same thing happened. Sam tried to instruct me but it still wasn't going well.

"Here let me help you." Leyton offered which confused me a bit, how could someone who didn't know a thing about shooting an arrow help me but I let him.

Leyton gently positioned my arms and fixed my standing position. "Keep your eyes on the board." He whispered against my ear with his body gently pressed against mine in a way to help me to keep that position that he had set me in. "Then let go." He said and I obliged and let of, I watched as the arrow attached itself on the board, not in the middle pretty way better than before, I couldn't help but to jump and cheer at my success.