That's Not My Name.

Regulus stepped towards the large, dark door. Sirius was in front of him, knocking rapidly and hopping from foot to foot.

It was a cold night, and Regulus had to pull his hoodie around him tighter to block out the chill.

The door swung open and a woman with a warm smile on her face appeared. Without saying anything, she reached out and pulled Sirius in for a hug. "Oh, it's so good to see you again."

"You too," Sirius said. Mrs Potter then moved away and her gaze fell on Regulus. "You must be Regulus."

He stepped closer to the smiling woman but before he could say hello, Regulus was pulled into her arms.

She smells like cinnamon.

"I'm so glad you're both here," Mrs Potter said, after finally letting go of Regulus.

She ushered the boys inside and Regulus had to refrain from gawking. It had to of been the cosiest, most welcoming house he'd ever seen.
Grimmauld Place had always been cold. Cold and empty. The walls weren't the deep browns and creams he was seeing now. Rather fading black or green. Too dark.

"It's nicer than home, right?" Sirius nudged him in the side and Regulus nodded.

"Okay boys, I'm assuming you have already eaten?" They both nodded. "Perfect, James should be down in a minute- I'm sorry but there isn't enough room for you both in the spare bedroom, so one of you will have to stay in with James."

"There is no way I'm sharing my precious space with Sirius." Regulus turned around to see a boy he recognized from school.

James stood wearing a loose Gryffindor jumper and blue Jeans. It had been at least a month since school broke up for summer, and the Potter boy seemed to had gotten taller. He'd always been at least three inches above Regulus, and Regulus one inch more than Sirius.

"That's a bit rude," Sirius glared.

"I have to deal with you at school, 24/7, I'd rather not give away my summer looking after your dramatic ass." He stuck his tongue out at Sirius, who quickly flipped him off.

"Language, James!" Mrs Potter yelled from the kitchen.

"Sorry, mum." Then, James turned to look at Regulus, who couldn't help but notice his messy hair. There were chocolate coloured tufts sticking up on end, and his glasses sat wonky on his face. It was as if he'd just woken up from a nap.

He probably has, Regulus thought.

"Hey, Baby Black," James smiled. They had met on a couple of occasions, mainly through Regulus accidentally stumbling on them pulling a prank on a teacher. He found James insanely annoying.

Regulus nodded in acknowledgement and then looked down to the floor.

"C'mon then, it's late and I'm tired."
James picked up Regulus' case and started to walk up the stairs, Sirius following just after.

They came to a door and James pushed it open. "Considering Sirius is the messiest, he can sleep in here."

Sirius walked past and playfully punched James on the arm. "You're no better."

They walked a little further down the hall to a blue door. "And you-" he pushed down on the handle, revealing a bigger room with a double bed in the middle and a mattress on the floor, "-will be sharing with me."

Regulus sighed but quietly walked in. There was a big window on the right wall and a balcony overlooking the garden on the left. The ceiling was sloped. Even James' room was cosy.

The bed had a deep maroon duvet and Regulus snorted. Typical Gryffindor.

"I know it's not much, but it's better than being trapped in that house of yours."

Regulus flinched at the mention of his house and busied himself with his suitcase. Now was not the time for those memories.

"I'm glad you and Sirius came when you did. You're safe here, okay?" James was looking at him concerned and Regulus nodded.

"You don't talk much, huh?" James questioned.

Regulus sat for a moment, before laying down on the mattress and looking up at the ceiling. "You talk too much."

This made James chuckle and Regulus roll his eyes. "Fair play, Reg."

Regulus sat up abruptly. "Don't call me that."

James threw his hand up in mock surrender. "Alright, alright."

A moment later, Sirius burst into the room with a toothbrush hanging out of his mouth. "Sooooo," he said, swinging from the door and onto James' bed, "How have you been, Prongs?"

Regulus, not wanting to listen in on the boy's immature catch-up, got up and walked out onto the balcony, shutting the door behind him.

He pulled out a packet from his pocket, followed by a lighter and lit up a cigarette. His parents and Sirius would kill him if they knew, but it was Sirius' fault he started in the first place.

A couple of months ago, he'd left a packet in the bathroom and Regulus had found them. He tried one out of curiosity and after that, they worked as a coping mechanism. He didn't care if they ended up killing him. There wasn't much to live for anyway.

Regulus inhaled deeply and turned on his phone. It was almost 11. He stared up at the sky, but it was too cloudy to see any stars. Regulus blinked a few times, still intently staring into the darkness.

What felt like an eternity passed and Regulus grew tired of waiting outside. Stomping out the cigarette, he turned back towards the door and walked into the room.

James was sitting on this bed, tapping away on his phone, the lamp on next to him. He was dressed in checked pyjamas with no shirt. Regulus let his eyes linger on James' body for a moment. Tanned skin and muscle.

He snapped his gaze away and squeezed his eyes shut. "Where's Sirius?" Regulus asked.

James looked up from his phone. "He left a few moments ago- to bed." Regulus nodded and took a hoodie out of his suitcase. He threw it over his head and then laid down under the blankets on his mattress.

James clicked out the lamp. "If you need me, wake me up."

"Okay." Regulus turned towards the wall and shut his eyes.

"Night, Baby Black," James whispered.

"That's not my name," Regulus scowled. This is going to be Hell.