Unfortunately.

The box was dark and small. Regulus looked at it cautiously. "Go on. It's not gonna hurt you."

He carefully opened the lid and looked up at James quickly. "You didn't have to..." The shock was evident in his voice.

"I know."

Sat in the middle of a green-satin bed, was a necklace with a small circle pendant. On it was a beautiful engraving of a snake. Regulus picked it up and marvelled at the design.

James stepped a little closer to him. "Turn it over," he whispered.

Regulus flipped it over in his hand and then smiled. "A kitten... really?" On the back was another engraving of a little kitten playing with a ball of yarn. The initials R.P. sat below it.

"A snake, because of the threats and the mystery. A snake because of that ring you had, but this time with a better meaning behind it. And a kitten, because It's your favourite and you remind me of one." James explained.

Regulus clasped the necklace in his hand and let James hug him. "I love it. I really, really love it."

"I'm glad."

"Can you put it on?"

James nodded and took the necklace from Regulus' hand, connecting it around his neck. "It suits you a bit too much."

Regulus laughed and kissed James. "I don't know whether to be offended or grateful."

"Probably both."

"Idiot," Regulus sighed.

"You love me." James pulled him a little closer.

"Unfortunately."

_______

This was just a little extra chapter because I wanted to write James giving Regulus a replacement gift for his ring.

Also yes, the initials read Regulus Potter.

:)