Obviously Yes.

To celebrate the last day of the summer holidays, the Potters decided to take Regulus and Sirius out to dinner.

Regulus sat in the corner of the booth, James opposite him. They were eating and he was trying hard to ignore how good James looked at that moment.

Regulus was drinking his milkshake when, out of the corner of his eye, he saw one of his old crushes from school. The boy had grown quite a lot over the summer and Regulus found himself gazing at him in awe. That was until the feeling of James brushing his leg against Regulus' broke him out of the trance.

He turned his head to look at James, who was glaring at him pointedly. No words were spoken, but Regulus knew what it meant: 'Eyes on me.'

He ducked his head in apology, but James didn't stop there. Slowly he crept his leg further up. Regulus tried to pay attention to his food but failed miserably. He stood up quickly and avoided eye contact with everyone. "Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom." Sirius looked at him weirdly but just sipped his strawberry milkshake.

***
It was around 8 pm when they got back from the restaurant, and Regulus had planned to spend some time in the library. Except for the moment they walked through the door, James grabbed his wrist and led him upstairs, leaving a very confused Sirius by himself.

They entered the bedroom and James shut the door behind him. "Were you purposely tryna make me jealous?"

Regulus adjusted his jumper and glared at James. "What are you going on about?" he asked.

"You, staring at that guy like you wanted to eat his face off. That's what."

"Calm down. He was just someone from school."

James stepped away from the door and walked to where Regulus was sat on the bed. "I just... it made me mad to see you looking at someone else like that. I know I don't really have the right to be, but I got so jealous."

Regulus stayed silent for a moment. "You don't have anything to be jealous about."

"I don't?"

Just spit it out.

"No. You don't. I may have been looking at him- he was an old crush of mine- but my attention is always on you," Regulus reached forwards and took James hand in his own. "I'm sorry for taking so long to realise how I actually feel and telling you. I've always been a little scared and I know how much you wish we could be together."

James wrapped an arm around him and pulled Regulus close. "You don't have to tell me anything you're not ready for yet."

"I want to... I'm just a little scared."

"I know. To be honest, me too Reg. I never thought It'd be you that I'd fall in love with."

Regulus bolted up. "What?"

James smiled and shook his head. "You heard me."

"Why...how... what?" Regulus' mouth was wide open in shock

"You're such an idiot," James said between chuckles. Then he reached over and took Regulus face in his hands, admiring the cute blush which spread over his cheeks. "I've known for a little while... that I love you. And I get it if you aren't ready yet."

Regulus brought his own hands up and wrapped them around James' wrists. He shook his head and then leaned in to kiss James. When he pulled away, he shut his eyes and let go of James' hands. "I do too."

"Yeah?"

"Quite a lot, actually."

Regulus kept his eyes shut and wouldn't look at James. It was the first time he'd ever said those words and really meant them. "Come here," James pulled him down so they were laying on the bed together, Regulus wrapped in his arms. "Thank you."

"For what?" Regulus asked.

"Giving me a chance."

"You're welcome," Regulus mumbled.

There was silence, just the sound of their breathing and heartbeats. "Hey, Baby Black?"

"Yeah?"

"Does this mean you'll be my boyfriend?"

Regulus opened his eyes and looked up at James. "Do you really want me to be?"

"I literally just told you I'm in love with you. Are you serious?"

"No, but my brother is."

James smacked him on the back gently. "Just answer the que-"

"Yes," Regulus cut him off. "Obviously yes. I've made you wait long enough." Then Regulus sat up. "But..."

"Yeah?" James opened his eyes and propped himself up on his elbows. "What is it?"

"What about at school? Won't people say things..."

"They shouldn't. And if they do, I'll sort them out. Aright?"

Regulus snorted. "Okay."

"Hey! What's so funny about me protecting you?"

"I can protect myself, thank you very much. I just didn't want rumours spreading."

"Yeah yeah. We all know you're secretly just a soft kitten inside," James teased, poking his thigh.

"Shut up." Regulus rolled his eyes and swatted him away.

James laughed and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Why don't you make me?"

"You're annoying," Regulus said but leaned in to kiss him all the same.

***
"I can't believe you're dating my best friend..."

Sirius turned to James. "And you're in love with my brother. This is so weird."

Regulus laughed and James just smiled. "Glad you approve."

"Shut up, Prongs." Sirius glared at him and then clapped his hands excitedly. "But... at least when you get married, you'll actually be my brother-in-law."

James high fived him, Regulus standing there with a frown. "No one said anything about marriage."

Sirius looked sad. "Awww. Why not?"

"Because I'm 16!"

James turned to Regulus and wrapped an arm around him, smiling widely. "One day you'll marry me."

"Don't get your hopes up."

"I wouldn't dare. Plus that firey glare would probably burn them down anyway."

Sirius laughed. "You sure you want him?"

James held Regulus a little tighter. "Definitely. I might have to work on changing his mind, but we'll get there at some point."

"Good luck." Sirius left the room, smiling.

James pulled Regulus over to the sofa, a childish pout on his face. "You really don't want to marry me?"

"Never."

James scoffed. "You wound me, Regulus."

"Don't be dramatic, James."

Regulus sat next to him and rested his head on his shoulder. "Besides, I'd never want to be seen marrying someone with such unruly hair as yours anyway."

"If I cut my hair and style it, then would you consider it?"

Regulus grinned and ran a hand through said hair. "Maybe."

And one day, he did.

_____
Finishedddd.

So, I think I'm going to end this book here. I've sort of ran out of ideas and I love the point It's at now. I feel like maybe I could have made it a little more detailed, and if I could rewrite it I would... but this will do.

Thank you to anyone who read Unfortunately It means a lot to me.
Hope you enjoyed :)