Let's Go Read.

It was late afternoon and Regulus found himself back in the library. Two days had passed since he'd confessed to James and not much had changed between them.

Regulus walked around the corner and came face to face with a long tapestry. It was falling on one corner slightly, revealing a wooden door behind it.

Cautiously, Regulus stepped closer and pulled back the material to access the handle. He was about to push it open when the soft sound of a piano filled his ears.

He stopped for a second, waiting to hear the sound again. Did it come from in here?

Regulus pushed open the door and walked into a small round room. The walls were painted with big large murals of Angels and clouds. As Regulus stared in awe at the tall, glass dome ceiling, the sound of music filled his ears once more, drawing his attention to the centre of the room.

There, sat on the deep, black stool of the piano, was James. Apparently, he was unaware of Regulus' appearance and continued to play an unfamiliar song.

Slowly, closed the door and walked up to James. He stopped playing and turned to look at Regulus. "Hey."

"Hey..."

James patted the seat beside him. "I didn't know you had a piano here," Regulus said.

"My parents forgot about this room. Sometimes I'll come in here to escape them if my mum's pestering me. It's pretty soundproof."

Regulus hummed in acknowledgement and ran his fingers across the ivory keys. He pressed down on a chord, and then another, and another, until all the years of practice he'd had came flooding back.

James watches him as he started playing a song. It was one of the pieces James first learnt and he joined in.

They stopped after a few minutes, and James turned to Regulus with a wide smile on his face. "I didn't know you could play."

"I learnt when I was young. We had a piano at Grimmauld Place."

"Ah."

James started pressing random keys and Regulus swatted his hands away. "That hurts my ears."

James laughed and kept pressing them, ranging up to the highest note. "You're awful. Here," Regulus took James' hand and placed it on the keys. "Play this."

James did as he was told and Regulus kept giving instructions. "I never thought you'd be teaching me how to play a song today."

"I never thought you'd be this bad at playing the piano."

James elbowed him and Regulus laughed. Regulus started playing on his half of the keyboard, his hand inching closer and closer to James' until they met.

James took the chance and intertwined their fingers. Regulus fake gagged. "This is like, some cringe high school movie."

James gasped at this and shoved his hand away. "I am offended you think my attempts at affection are cringe."

Regulus rolled his eyes and reached back for James' hand, only for him to pull away. "Nope, you've hurt me too much, Baby Black."

"I'm not the one who's being a baby here. Give me your hand."

James sighed but did it anyway. "So demanding."

"Shut up."

They both smiled at each other and Regulus rested his head on James' shoulder. "I like this room."

"Better than the library?"

"Almost."

"Why almost?"

"The library is the place where I feel at peace. What could be better than that?"

"The fact that I'm in this room?"

Regulus laughed at James' pout. "Why do you think I like the library more?"

This made James gasps again and turn away from Regulus. "You've really done it now."

"Done wh‐" but before Regulus had finished his sentence, James turned back around super quick and tickled him in the sides.

They fell to the floor, both laughing until it was hard to breathe. James sat up and leaned down over Regulus. "You're lucky you're cute, otherwise I wouldn't have been so merciful."

Regulus covered his face with his hands. "Stop. I'm not cute."

"You are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes..."

Regulus moved his hands away and James leaned down a bit more, their faces now inches away.

"No, I'm not," Regulus whispered, his eyes flicking over James' face.

"You are. So, so," James looked down at Regulus' lips before moving back up to his eyes, "so," he moved even closer- lips ghosting against lips. "Cute."

Regulus closed his eyes as James pressed their lips together. He moved his arms up around James' neck and pulled him down and deepening the kiss. James' hands fell from beside Regulus' head, and instead, he placed one in his hair.

They pulled apart a moment later, foreheads pressed together and breaths shallower than before. James smiled, opening his eyes. "Now is this room better?"

"So much better."

Regulus leant up again and kissed James' cheek. "Want to come read with me?"

James helped Regulus stand up. "Sure. Only if you read to me, though."

"Lazy, aren't you?"

James grabbed his hand and opened the door, entering the library. "No, I just like hearing your voice."

Regulus blushed and pushed James out of the way gently. "Don't say things like that."

"Why not?" Regulus could hear the teasing tone in James' voice.

"Because..." Regulus turned away and faced the bookshelf, pulling out the first book he saw.

"Because?" James wrapped his arms around Regulus waist and rested his chin on his shoulder.

Regulus tried to shrug him off, but James gripped tighter. "You're the most infuriating person I've ever met. Because... I don't like it.

"I call lies," James whispered in his ear.

Regulus leant back into him for a moment and then shook his head, standing straight and pulling out of James' hold. "Let's go read."

James walked faster, trying to catch up with Regulus. "Fine. But you never gave me a good enough reason, so don't expect me to stop flirting any time soon."

They sat in a beanbag, Regulus between James' legs and resting against his chest.

The sunset outside made the room glow pink. It was comforting and peaceful.

He opened the book and started reading, pretending he couldn't feel Jame's hands playing with his hair.

This is nice.

_______
If someone wants to come to sit in a field with me under a big tree and read to me, let me know...

I haven't read through this chapter so please let me know if I spelt anything wrong lol. There's probably like, 30 plus mistakes but eh.