Shut Up.

Regulus woke up the next morning feeling inhumanely tired. He rubbed his eyes and attempted to sit up, only to be held down by a muscly arm.

For God's sake.

"James," he hissed. There was a grunt from the boy next to him, and then Regulus pinched James' arm, making him unwrap it from Regulus waist.

The door then opened and Regulus thanked every god out there that it wasn't Sirius. Mrs Potter stood in the door frame, a bright smile on her face. "Morning boys," she said.

Regulus almost smiled back at her but cast a worried look at James. He was sat upright on the floor in between the two boy's beds. "What on earth are you doing down there James?" Mrs Potter asked.

"I-er... fell out of bed." James rubbed his face and yawned, avoiding eye contact with Regulus.

"Oh. Well, hurry up and get yourselves downstairs. Breakfast will be ready soon." She left the room, closing the door behind her.

James groaned and then flipped back onto the bed. Regulus just glared at him. "I can't believe you fell asleep on me."

"It's too early for this discussion."

"Not a morning person then?" James didn't answer and instead just flung his arm out over Regulus waist, closing his eyes again.

There was a moment of silence before Regulus spoke. "James."

"Yeah?"

"Get off me." He started to push James's arm away.

James sat up. "Right. Sorry," he said, sheepishly. 

Regulus scanned his body, trying to ignore his shirtless front for the second time, and then suppressed a laugh at the state of James' hair. "It looks like a birds nest."

"Shut up."

"No, seriously," Regulus pressed on, "I keep expecting to see a tiny robin fly out of your hair." James threw a pillow into Regulus' face and this time, he really did laugh. "Pillow fights? Don't you think that's a bit childish?" he said tauntingly.

James rolled his eyes and then stuck his tongue out at Regulus. "I'm not the child here."

"I'm 16, not 4."

James smiled. "And I'm 18, not 6. Your point is?"

Regulus rolled his eyes and pulled back the covers. "You're an idiot."

"And you're..." James stopped, thinking to himself.

"Go on," Regulus smiled. "What am I?"

"You're... adorable. Especially when you smile like that."

Regulus glared and turned away. "Shut up, will you?"

"Sure, Baby Black. Anything for you."

Regulus wanted to punch him, but instead, he just watched as James walked out the door and to the bathroom, admiring the way his back look from that angle.

Honestly, you're too messed up for your own good Regulus.

***
Somehow, after successfully avoiding his brother and James for the whole day by hiding in his room, Regulus ended up being dragged outside to the pool.

He had to admit, the Potter's garden was pretty at night. They had tiny little solar lights which were scattered throughout the flowerbeds, a patio area- which was glowing yellow from the downstairs light- and a large pool at the end of their garden.