Thingol

"Welcome  Travellers over the Sea. We were waiting for you..." Thingol spoke.
His voice was deep and steady echoing like a bell in the room.

He was wearing all grey and silver maching his hair and eyes which had the same colours.
Melian beside his was even more beautiful dressed in a deep blue dress like the night sky. Luthien wasn't there by their parents sude who knows why..

"You're in the heart of My Kingdom now.. State your names and your purpose.."

Aegnor kneeled in one knee as a sign of respect in front of The throne and we copied him .

"We are elves who came from over  the sea and the cold . Our kind is behind the mountains of the North near the Lake.We are the representative of our houses and want to offer your our friendship my lord.."Aegnor said looking Thingol straight in the eyes without fear.

I was trying to keep my head up like them but the sight of Melian beside Thingol was too sharp sometimes I couldn't bear it.

"Go on then"Thingol said.Then Aegnor stood up tall and spoke

"I'm Aegnor son of Finarfin , son of Finwe and son of Eärwen , daughter of Olwe the leader of Teleri in Alqualonde and representative of my House"

"I'm Galadriel , sister of Aegnor of house Finarfin" Galadriel continuedand then Aredhel took her turn.

"I'm Aredhel daughter of Fingolfin, son of Finwe and king behind the mountains of the North beside the Lake and im representative of my house"
And at last my glorious self..

"Im Niquelotë and I'm the representative of House Feanor and his leader the first born Maedhros the Tall , one of the Three great houses of Noldor"

From the beginning we had desided  not to reveal my human name so they'll be no ruckus in the encounter with the King. Instead of "Alex" i chose to use the name Maglor selected for me that day.

"So you're the so-called lords over the sea.And you say you came to offer your friendship...Give me a reason to accept it first"

Galadriel flinched but didn't speak only continued looking Thingol in the eyes.

"We want to be your allies to fight against the Great Evil in the North. Thats why we came here in the first place .Because your kingom may seem protected and peaceful now and the Angband gates are shut keeping the Orcs away from your people doesn't mean this will continue forever. One day the sun will not stop them from going out here and destroying everything in their way" Aegnor stated.

"You ask for my friendship when already you've claimed my  land and settled a king in the North?" Thingol said with a smirk.

"We had to settle somewhere in the land .The stormy sea couldn't be our home for long .And the lands of the north were empty of your people so we desided to stay there. About our king we chose tho have.. doesnt each race has its own?"Aegnor replied keeping a serious posture.

"You respond swiftly and wisely Aegnor son of Finarfin and Eärwen.
But I Thingol the Greaymantle Ruled Beleriand long ago before your arrival.From the North coastes where the cold wind blows to the High mountains in the South where the short race digs for jewels and from the fields before Angbands gate in East to the mouth of the great river meeting the Great Sea in the West is my territory .And now suddenly you remembered us here and came. Is the great evil the reason behind it for real?"
Thingol was acting arrogantly even with Melian by his side.

"I think you're mistaken my lord..If we simply seek for power and land then we've had already started a war against you and your people.We don't fear losing because our swords are sharp and our bows swift and our spears long. But the great evil took everything from us and now we seek revenge.And we can't win without your friendship against him. If you don't accept we'll fight alone since  were no cowards and if needed our weapons will turn against you" Aegnor spoke full of pride.

Silence fell in the throne room for a moment. Melian looked her hunband giving him a sign to think before speaking again. He may was a powerful king but he didn't knew yet what he had to deal with if he denied the offer.

"Even if accept your friendship you want something more from my word dont you?"Thingol asked.

"You're right. Alliances aren't words children make after all. We want permission to continue settling in the fields north and travel across the land out of your borders.."

"I don't want my people to be distributed." Thingol stated.

"We'll only roam in the wild land where the wind roars and the grass is tall and there's no elf living nearby..."

"So your territory remain inside the mountains of the North?"

"If we find other places in the free land we can settle in and live we'll stay but our King will remain beside the Lake.."Aegnor corrected his words.

"You accept the friendship of the three houses of the North my lord?" He added bowing a bit to show respect.

"I'll accept for the shake of peace in both sides!"Thingol responded and hit his silver scepter once.

"Then please accept this gifts as reminder of our deal"
Aegnor Took from his side a small wooden box and opened it before placing it in from of the King.

"A box filled with the finest white gems from House Finarfin"

It was common in such deals to enchange gifts to ensure that both sides will keep their promises.

Aredhel pulled out a second box which was long and thin and opened it.
"A sword made out of our best blacksmiths From hous Fingolfin for the Kings Hand" she said and bowed her head a little.

Aegnor had told me from the very beginning that Maedhros had prepared a gift for the King if everything worked out smoothly in the meeting .
Tristan who was keeping the gift all the time slide it towards my side.

It was the samllest of the other two gifts
I placed it in front of me and opened ot slowly.

"A jewel that shines like the moon and the stars for the Queen from House Feanor!" I said amd bowed.

Thingol shook his head and then he pointed at  his servants around the throne.

"A gift shall be rewarded with a gift"he spoke and hit his scepter once again.
The servants brought three boxes with gold and silver in front of us in an instant.

Aegnor bowed his head once more placing his hand upon his hand as a sign of gratitude.

"And now time to seal our friendship" Thingol added and rose from his throne.

He approached Aegnor slowly.
For a moment the air was tence.
He was taller than Maedhros, no wonder why he had the title as the Tallest of all the Children of Eru.

Then he offered his hand for a handshake.

"You're free to stay here in Menegroth untill you're ready to return to  your faraway land. Now you can choose to rest or to join us for a meal. My servants will show you the way" Thingol spoke.

"Youre really hospitable my lord.. we're deeply thankful for everything..Ill choose to join you to the meal as we have many other things to discuss.."Aegnor said.

"Shall we go then?"

To be continued...✳️