Lake

I had no idea why i told that. I just wanted to finish with something to shut their mouths(especially Caranthir's).  I was tired of having to explain again what happened when i had no idea why exactly happened.

I was returning back to the healers tent. Sanya had promised me a breakfast and i didn't forgot it.
"Im back! Do you miss me?" I yelled when i got in the tent.

" Everything  went all right? You return back earlier than i was planning!"

"Fortunately the stopped arguing, even at the end they still didn't understood my existence! "

"Nor did i when tou told me youre a human!"

"Did you make breakfast?"

"Of course my lady! How could i forgot your order!" She said hironically.

" Great!"

"Ah about Maglor.. You spoke few times these days ...did you?.."

"Aw yeah i know i promished to do something about your feelings about him. These days he's worried a lot about his brother and because Caranthir always keeps an eye on me only when he call me for something important i go yo his tent. I'll find a way for you to see him. But i dont think so you can pretend a maiden, you're a healer the only elleth healer and obviously he knows it"

"Oh.. i understand. Your breakfast is ready !"

No need of description lines...

After the council the two houses didn't have many contact between them, even when they promised unite.

I asked  Maglor if i could go to their camp but he still didn't wanted to and i couldn't understand why, he didn't told me the reason. I still wanted to speak with Galadriel or Finrod but i had to follow what he said. If i didn't then Caranthir could find a reason to blame me. again.

The Noldor send messengers to find allies around the mountains but the mist was thick and they return after a week finding nothing.  They were afraid  for another attack of morgoth but he didn't show any sign. His army had disappeared.

  Another council followed and then another and after each one feanorians left the Fingolfin's camp more and more angry.  If the mist didn't disappeared then they couldn't do anything ,just to agree with the terms of morgoth or try to make a new deal with him.

But some mornings as the time passed the rays of the sun pierced the clouds and reach the ground. The darkness started to fade  there in Hithloum.

In the other  new councils it was forbidden to go especially now the knew too i was a human. The only think i could do in the camp was long walks woth Sanya peeking from the tents near Maglor' s with the hope she'll see him but it stopped when one day Celegorm and Caranthir appeared in our way unexpectedly. Literally even in Middle Earth these days was boring even i was surrounded by elves.

Two and half months had passed from when Maedhros was prisoner in Thagorodrim. Another council was planned .

They day it was to start I went to the other camp to offer myself as a messenger again ( even i knew they mau didnt agree i could try)when Fingon just flew out of the tent obviously annoyed and angry
"When you drink tea the councils Maedhros is dying up there!" He yelled  heading for the lake

It was stupid to stay in the way of an agry elf especially when ot was the son of Fingolfin so i hide myself behind a tent. Obviously it was not the right time to ask if i could go as a messenger.  But i had the opportunity to speak with Fingon.

He reached the north side of the lake without going into the Feanorians camp. I followed him while looking around if someone else was following him too.  He sat on the coast of the lake looking at the calm waters hitting the sand.

Maybe was a bad idea but why not?At least he wanted someone to talk or he seemed to.

"Hi! Im Alex!" I said with a Cheshire cat smile and sat beside him.

"I know who you are! And i think you already know my name!

"Of course i know! Fingon the Valiant!
First son of Fingolfin!"

"Its funny.. i have so many titles just to sit there and do nothing. What kind  of friend i am?"

"I understand ! Nor im doing anything there!They think i useless! Or the opposite im with Morgoth! The feeling of uselessness something is too strong. I stil wonder why im here!"

Silence fall between us for a moment.

"You know.. i don't know if they told you.. when Feanor burned the ships on Losgar Maedhros wanted to be you the first the send the ships to take him.. he doesn't participated.. He's still your friend! He didn't betray you then!"
He stared at me like he was looking at my soul.

"I hoped he didn't.  Hes my friend! But I betray him when im staying there! Like a useless think!!!" He raised his voice and throw a rock in the water.

"They argue all the time about the crown and the allies! Like were not the sons of Finwe! We have not the power!We came here to reclaim what is lost! But nothing happens in...!"

"You're right! There acting so childish sometimes! You can't move on in that way! So you'll take the weel alone? What will you do?!"

"If i was a true friend i would go even alone in Thagorodrim to take him back! I fear no man, maiar or Ainu!Im Fingon the Valiant and i do want i want!" He yelled and stood up high and beautiful.

"So why you don't do it?"I asked.

He didn't respond.

"You said yourself! Fingon the Valiant! Why you don't do it?"

"I don't wanna hurt my father. I don't wanna break the bonds of the family!"

"You'll brake it or fix it? When two friends from different houses reunite?"

"Youre right! But i have to make a plan! The have not to suspect my dissapearance!"

"The mist will help! I can help too! What can i do for you?"

"Can i trust you Alex?"

"If your eyes see far in the mist and the hearts of the others then you can see that i don't wanna betray you!"

He looked at me with a serious face and then smiled.

"You take it seriously so! Okay listen! I want tomorrow morning to bring Maedhros horse in the north side of the camp of Feanorians upon the forest were there is no much guards now! We have not so many horses so they'll notice of i take one of ours! But Maedhros is not there to use his!"

"Okay get it! But the cant follow the horses.. after?"

"I'll let my horse free when im faraway from the camp to return and I'll continue by foot!"

"Sounds clever! Something more?"

"Yeah but i think this is a bit more difficult ! Take my horse after i leave and set it free it the south! They'll think I'll go to the passage of the mountains alone as a messenger and they'll be late to understand i left with other horse!"

"That's what i have to do? Great!"

To be continued...✳️