Chapter 11

Dec 2 (1am Forks / 9am England)

Hari appeared in her bedroom staring out the wide glass doors. It was still dark outside. Fog hid the shadowy trees and combined with the moonlight to create an eerie landscape.

Potter, get back here!

Too angry and upset to respond she just flung hurt and anger and defiance back at him. A sob broke from her. She turned and ran out of the room and down the hall. She pushed out the back door while his anger and frustration burned down their link then her bare feet hit the cool, damp grass and she shifted to a cougar and screamed her hurt into the early morning air as she raced through the woods.

Tom snapped, "Take care of McLaggen and Kirke," and stalked from the room. He slammed into his bedroom and stopped staring at the tangle of sheets. The girl infuriated him! She also made him happier than anyone ever had. She treated him like he was an ordinary wizard. She defied him to his face in front of a follower. How was he supposed to react?!

With a snarl he stormed from his bedroom and the images of them laughing and loving and made his way to his dueling room. Once there he activated the dueling dummies and began working his way through his anger and frustration.

One moment Hari was running alone in the silent forest, a tawny shape slipping through the fog, dodging the shadowy trees and the next Alice and Nessie were racing by her side, weaving around her at inhuman speed.

The sun was coming up when she finally stopped, dropping to the ground as she shifted back to human.

Alice was there instantly wrapping her arms around her as she cried. "It'll be okay, Hari. It will."

"He threatened me. He...was...so...worried...so fun to...to be with...and then...then..."

"Oh, we know what happened." Nessie huffed. Alice had squealed and danced around as little Hari became all 'grown up'.

"It was amazing," Hari whispered raggedly. "I like him...a lot...and then... then... he... threatened me..." she sobbed against the older vampire's shoulder.

"From what you've told us this caring is as foreign to him as it is to you, Hari. He has glowered and intimidated his entire life. Neither of you apparently have had a chance to have loving relationships in the past. He's going to make mistakes. You are going to make mistakes. Just don't stop listening to your heart."

Tom stopped flinging anger fueled spells and hung his head as her heartbreaking sobs filled his mind. She must truly be upset to let so much be leaking through to him. He unrepentantly listened in to the conversation. The vampire was right. Both of them had a lot to learn about sharing their hearts and power.

He trudged up to his bedroom to shower and change. By the time he was dressed and in his study catching up on paperwork the anger was gone replaced by guilt at making her cry.

Dec 6

It was after supper four days later before he gave in and wrote her.

Trust is hard, my Hari. I have never trusted anyone implicitly.

I trusted you enough to come to you before I fully recovered from the attack and I believe that I already made the choice about my godfather that day in Gringotts. I trusted you enough to give you something very precious to me.

Tom sighed. Her innocence. She had trusted him not to hurt her. She had slept beside the man who had tried many times to kill her trusting that he would keep his word. I will choose to believe that you will not turn on me just because your godfather hates me.

Thank you. You never did answer my question about the headmaster.

You must prove he is a threat to the students under his care or completely incompetent at running the school.