Chapter 28

§Mental talk§

~ parseltongue~

March 8 evening

Lucius Malfoy, Barty Crouch Jr, Stephen Moshner and Michael Adler looked around the room they had apparated to in confusion. This was not the Dark Lord's home.

The door to the room banged opened and the Dark Lord strode in fury rolling off of him in waves. The four men dropped to their knees, head bowed before his deadly fury.

Tom stopped in front of them. Remus, Sirius, Carlisle and Jasper stopped behind him. They were all furious at the attack on those they counted as family.

"You will each swear upon your lives that you had nothing to do with the attack on Hari Potter this afternoon." Tom demanded.

"Attack?!" All but Moshner exclaimed. His face was set in grim fury. It had been all he could do earlier not to betray his allegiance when he had seen how badly hurt Potter had been.

"Swear!" Tom shouted wand pointing at them with the tip glowing green.

All four men immediately pulled their wands and swore that they had nothing to do with the attack. Tom relaxed slightly. "Rise," he hissed as he stalked across the room. "Members of my inner circle have betrayed me. They dared to side with Dumbledore in an attempt to kill my Hari. I have no doubt that there are others that intend her harm. We will end the threat to my Hari."

"My lord," Lucius paused until Tom nodded at him to continue. "May we ask who was foolish enough to attack her and is she okay?"

"She took injury but will be fine. The babe was in serious distress, but is resting now."

"Babe?" Adler and Crouch gasped.

"Yes, Hari carries my child." Tom watched them carefully and was pleased to note that no disgust showed. "As to who betrayed me - Rodolphus and Bellatrix, Nott, Dolohov, MacNair. Trusted Inner Circle!" Tom's magic flared at the betrayal. Objects about the room exploded beneath his fury. His Inner Circle cut in half this afternoon. Dead because they attacked the one he had admitted to loving! He drew in a breath. "Yaxley, Montague, Jugson, Towler, Thorfin Rowle, Donald and Wesley Jeffers, Quinten Corley, Sedric Marton, Walton Welby, Christian Eddington, Stanley Warrington, Jameson Louden, Peter Fortaine. You will gather the rest of their family in the audience chamber while I call the rest of my inner circle together and get their oath from there we will call all my followers in and every damn one of you will vow to never harm her or our children. Those that do not show or refuse to take the oath die."

Lucius cast a wary glance at Remus and Sirius.

"Oh we have no problem with killing those trying to kill Hari and our grandchild." Sirius stated furiously. "In fact I intend to be in that audience chamber to ensure future threats are neutralized now."

"As do I." Jasper murmured.

Remus sighed. "As much as I want to go, I know someone has to stay here and ensure Hari remains in bed."

"Go. Move swiftly. I don't want the others warned."

The four Death Eaters bowed and disappeared.

Tom turned to the men waiting on him. His eyes were still brilliant blood red rubies. "I need to go tweak the wards at Westmoor so none can leave except those four and us. Someone needs to go help Hari calm the healer. My eyes flashed red in front of her."

"Perhaps the other women," Carlisle murmured. "I'll go speak with Esme and Alice."

"How long do we have before your meeting begins?" Sirius asked. "Brianne will have a fit if I go haring off without being healed first."