Chapter 24

23a . Feb 13

The obstetrician flooed to Westmoor Manor and greeted Lady Potter and Lord Slytherin with a warm smile. She had originally been a bit nervous when she realized that she was being contacted to take of Hari Potter who had ended up pregnant at sixteen. She had been shocked to realize the witch had taken a potion and was physically twenty-two. She had had to take additional oaths of secrecy to keep the pregnancy, the relationship and anything to do with Lady Potter a secret.

"How are you Lady Potter?"

"Tired," Hari sighed. "Very tired. All the time." She glanced at Tom. "And very moody, Healer Anston."

"Maria. And both symptoms are normal. Shall we start the exam? I can answer any questions at the same time."

Tom prodded Hari out of the room ahead of him. He had locked down the manor for the visit only giving the healer access. He did not want her discovering he was Voldemort by running into Death Eaters in the manor.

In their bedroom, Hari laid down on the bed with a weary sigh.

"I can prescribe an energy dense nutritional potion if you need me to. I wouldn't recommend taking it for more than a week or two though."

"How much longer will the fatigue last?" Tom asked curiously. He didn't want Hari to make decisions without the facts.

"Another two or three weeks then you'll begin to have what seems like boundless energy." She smiled down at Hari as she cast the diagnostic to check on the health of the mother and baby. "That's when you'll most likely start putting together the nursery and begin the marathon shopping sprees."

Tom groaned. "I believe I will be grateful for Brianne, Esme, Alice and Nessie at that point."

Hari grinned at him before looking at the healer. "I wouldn't mind having the potions to take if needed. I wouldn't want to take them every day."

Maria nodded. "A very responsible decision. They won't hurt the baby, but the baby will share the energy and not rest as much as it would normally."

Hari frowned. "I'll keep that in mind."

Maria studied the diagnostic. "Everything looks fine. The baby is growing as it should. You are, as expected, fatigued, a bit underweight as your dealing with morning sickness, and stressed. I do recommend trying to minimize whatever is causing the stress. Other than that you and the baby are doing fine. Peanut butter, yogurt, dried fruit and lean proteins like chicken, turkey and fish are a natural source of energy. Drink fruit juices that are high in Vitamin C. At this point the baby is pretty developed, but only about three inches long so it would be hard to see the features. Would you like to see it?"

"Yes!" Tom and Hari both exclaimed excitedly.

Maria chuckled and waved her wand in a complicated fashion over Hari's abdomen. A tiny form wavered into view.

"So small," Tom whispered as he gazed at their child in awe.

Hari just stared raptly. They had created this tiny being. It wasn't a plan or a manipulation or created to be a tool. Their baby created out of love. She swallowed against the tears of joy that welled up suddenly.

Maria enlarged the image and tiny features could be seen. Tiny fingers and feet, a large (for the body) head with eyes shut tight. A tiny pursed mouth and a little bump of a nose. The figure flailed it's teeny arms and legs making Hari laugh in delight at the visual affirmation of life.

Maria smiled at the delight the couple was showing. She was especially pleased to see the delight and love shining in Lord Slytherin's eyes. Dark purebloods often saw babies as line continuation and nothing more. She was glad the Savior had found someone to genuinely care about her after the horrible life the girl had led.