Chapter 23

Feb 8 through Feb 12

Hari squared her shoulders before stepping through the floo to Grimmauld. She hadn't been back since Tom gave Jacob a very needed beat down.

Sirius and Brianne had taken Carlisle and Esme to look at a couple of estates. Hari had went with them instead of staying to deal with the weeping and wailing. Cowardly perhaps but she just hadn't wanted to deal with it. When they had returned to Grimmauld for supper Nessie was still upstairs with Jacob. Remus had set his bones, but Jacob refused any of the 'witches brew'.

Leah had went off on Hari about Tom nearly killing their alpha and how he had no right to interfere in pack business. Hari had bluntly said she was in no mood to deal with the attitude, that Jacob had no right to rip into Seth just for being a normal teen, that he was being extremely rude as a guest in the house and had flooed to Westmoor. She felt much better after torturing and killing the arse, Helmsley. Something she knew she could never let her godfathers know about.

Tom was happily plotting domination and refused to come with her and deal with angst from people he couldn't crucio. She smiled slightly thinking of her Tom. He had made her toes curl this morning before letting her out of bed.

A slight cough had her paying attention to her surroundings. Jasper was reading in a high backed chair. He looked decidedly amused.

"You are throwing off some very intense feel-good emotions," he teased.

She flushed slightly. "Well, my Tom is very talented."

He laughed. "I dare you to think hard on the subject around Edward."

She smirked then sobered. "So how is the general mood?"

Jasper sighed. "Jacob is fuming but too terrified of your Tom right now to mouth off. Nessie is torn between 'I told you so' and 'how dare they hurt him'. Leah is actually calmed down and thinking about what Tom said to her and honestly trying to let go of the hard anger and resentment. Seth is keeping a low profile. Internally he is feeling vindicated. Jacob has been riding him hard, venting all his frustration on him. He is worried though that when they shift and Jacob catches on to his emotions that he'll thrash him."

Hari's eyes narrowed. "Jacob had better have learned his lesson. He hurts my friend and I'll thrash him."

A soft noise in the doorway had both their attentions shifting. Leah stood there looking uncertain. Finally, she took a breath and stepped into the room. "I owe you an apology." She said lowly to Hari. "I've been thinking about what Tom said and he's right. I need to quit wallowing in self-pity and grow up. You've been a good friend to Seth. You didn't have to bring me to England but you did...for Seth not me. I know that. Thank you and I'm sorry I've been such a bitch."

"You're welcome. You do know that what you need is to get away from Forks."

Leah flinched. "Yeah...but pack...my pack is there."

Hari nodded. "A difficult decision. I can tell you from my own experience that no one will treat you as an adult until you leave home and start acting like one."

Jasper looked at the uncomfortable shifter. "If you found a job here, would you stay? I am certain that Carlisle is looking for a house large enough that we would not have to see each other if you wished to board in one wing or even a smaller cottage on the estate."

Leah looked surprised at the offer. "I...I would need to discuss it with Seth and Jacob."

Jasper nodded and stood gracefully. "I believe the others are still in the kitchen eating breakfast. Esme is in her element cooking for an appreciative group although the odd little beings are quite put out by her doing their job."