Chapter 17

Jan 7th

It was finally decided. Delaine Pfeiffer would be the new headmaster. He was known to be open minded and impartial. He was well educated beyond what Hogwarts taught having graduated and then went abroad to broaden and deepen his knowledge. He knew what schools outside of England were like and had ideas of improvement and change.

He had nothing against muggles or muggleborn but he supported the wizarding traditions and was adamant about bringing them back into practice.

BREAK

Delores Umbridge woke with a terrified cry. Where was she? What was happening? She had been in the hands of those dirty beasts for months perhaps years...she couldn't remember. Time had lost meaning in the dirt pit they had flung her into.

Then a wizard had arrived and she thought she was being rescued. She knew the wizard too. Lucius Malfoy. Pureblood. Excellent lineage. Powerful. He had sneered at her in disgust and made sure to stay out of her reach.

He had said something about a ritual and repairing damage to the lying Potter girl. She had to be imagining that. Surely Lord Malfoy wouldn't help a disgusting half-blood like Potter.

She scooted back across the stone floor she was lying on. It was so cold here without her lovely pink cardigan. She leaned against the stone wall and rubbed dirt encrusted hands over dirty arms.

A thin line of light appeared and she peered into the gloom as the light expanded and two shadowy people entered. "H...help me," she cried out.

A cruel laugh was her only answer.

A ball of light appeared, floating in the air between her and the two strangers.

"We are not here to help you, Delores Umbridge. You are here to help us."

Delores shivered at the dark cruelty in the voice.

"Crucio!"

Delores screamed as she jerked and flailed on the cold stone floor. Just when she thought she'd die from the agony it ceased. She lay sobbing. "Pl...please I...I can b...be useful. The...the minister...listens to me!"

"Yes, that's one reason you are here." A female voice stated coldly. "I do believe you sent dementors after me."

"P...Potter," Umbridge struggled upright. "I'll see you in Azkaban for this!"

Hari laughed. "Phantasmagoria," she snarled.

Umbridge screamed and began battling unseen foes while scuttling backward. "Get away! Stay away! Get off me!" She screamed and carried on for several minutes before Hari ended the curse.

Tom and Hari cast several more painful curses before leaving the bleeding, sobbing woman in the dark.

Jan 9

Sidney Alexander and Porpentina Whitby escorted Mr. Pfeiffer to Hogwarts early on the 8th. They met with McGonagall in the Headmaster's office.

"Acting Headmistress Minerva McGonagall meet the new Headmaster, Delaine Pfeiffer – Ravenclaw."

Minerva stood from her seat behind the desk and held out her hand. It wasn't this man's fault. Hopefully, he would be a fair and intelligent Headmaster. "Mr. Pfeiffer, pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Madam, the pleasure is mine. I know this is a difficult situation and everyone is going to be wondering about my credentials and personality. I'll be glad to answer questions. In fact, I think it best if I meet staff briefly before breakfast let them get a look at me so to speak."

"An excellent idea." McGonagall murmured.

Sidney clapped his hands together. "Well, then it looks as if we are done here. Headmaster Pfeiffer, all the best and don't hesitate to come to the Board with any questions or concerns. We are here to help."