Chapter 25

Feb 15 (Hogwarts)

Tom sent his patronus toward Hogwarts requesting three carriages and charms for the vampires and shifters so they could see the school.

By the time they reached the outskirts of Hogsmeade the carriages were there.

"What the hell are those things?" Seth muttered staring at the skeletal horse like creatures with leathery wings that were pulling the carriages.

"Thestrals." Hari said. "Only those that have witnessed death can see them. She moved to pet the nose of the closest one.

Tom stared at them grimly. Death. He had certainly seen enough of it.

"What do they look like?" Renesmee asked excitedly.

"Skeletal horses with wings." Carlisle murmured succinctly as he ushered her into the carriage behind his wife.

Nessie huffed knowing she was likely the only one of their group that couldn't see the creatures.

"I cannot see them either and not sure I want to considering the condition of having seen someone die," Brianne confided to the young woman.

Nessie nodded thoughtfully as she entered the carriage.

"There are charmed bracelets in the carriages. Put them on or all you'll see is the ruins of an ancient castle." Tom ordered as he helped Hari into their carriage.

Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper and Alice took one carriage. Jacob, Nessie and Seth the second. Tom, Hari, Sirius, Brianne and Remus the third.

Delaine Pfeiffer met them at the main entrance. "Lord Slytherin, Lord Black, Lady Potter, it is a pleasure to have you visit. Lady Potter, are you incognito today?"

"Not particularly. I haven't flaunted my presence, but I'm not hiding who I am or that I'm with Tom."

"Very well. Is there anything you need me for or do you prefer to show your friends around yourselves?"

"We won't interrupt your day, Headmaster. If we could get the password for Gryffindor Tower, we'll be set."

The headmaster drew a pen from his robes and scribed the password on a piece of parchment.

"A pen? I think I'm going to like you in charge, Mr. Pfeiffer."

He grinned at her. "We will get them into the present kicking and screaming, Lady Potter."

"I need to speak with Delaine." Tom murmured. "I'll catch up with you all later."

Hari nodded, letting go of his hand. "Don't forget the changes I want implemented."

"I won't." He took her hand and kissed the back before waving to the headmaster to led the way to his office.

"Since we're right here we'll start with the Great Hall." Sirius grabbed Brianne's hand and led them all into the Great Hall. He shoved the doors open and strode in grinning wildly.

The students in the hall for lunch all stared at them. Most recognized Sirius Black who had been considered a crazed mass murderer for over a decade and was Hari Potter's godfather. The few older students that hadn't went to Hogsmeade recognized Remus Lupin as one of the past Defense professors.

Whispers broke out almost immediately. Who were all the strangers with them? The ethereal beauty indicated they weren't completely human. Most went silent as the strangers turned their attention to them. Something instinctively warning them that the strangers were apex predators.

"Hogwarts is divided into four houses – Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin. Each has its own table." Hari explained pointing to each table since Sirius and Remus had headed for the staff table to explain who they had brought to visit and that Headmaster Pfeiffer was aware. She glanced at the staff; her gaze caught on Snape's who was staring at her with less animosity than usual.