Chapter 17

Alex's POV
Jack and I stay up until about 1 am just playing around on YouTube and other social media, and having a couple little make out sessions. Jack yawns a little and I look at him.
"Think we should go to bed now?" I ask.
"Probably, I did tell your mom that we wouldn't stay up until 3," he answers.
"Yeah we should probably sleep now," I say laughing slightly.
He says nothing as he cuddles into my side. Awe.
"Good night Alex," he mumbles on the edge of sleep.
"Goodnight Jack," I say, suddenly extremely tired.
We both fall asleep quickly, cuddling each other happily in our unconscious states.
-Noon-
I wake up to my mom knocking lightly on my door whispering my name.
"Yes?" I whisper back.
My door creaks open a little and my mom pokes her head in, smiling when she sees Jack and I cuddled together.
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm heading out for the day, so do as you please and keep your phone with you if you leave the house."
"Alright, have fun with Andrew," I mumble.
"Have fun with Jack," she says back before closing my door.
I wait until I hear her car pull out of the driveway before lightly shaking Jack awake.
"Jack," I say quietly.
"Hmmm," is his answer.
"Get up."
"Why?" He asks.
"It's noon, and we're home alone," I say.
"Fun, what shall we do today?" He asks when he sits up.
"Maybe we should experience the outside world today."
"Hmm... it doesn't sound horrible. If you don't mind walking for a while I've got a nice place to show you."
"Alright, sounds nice. Lets both get ready and we'll leave in about about an hour."
"Ok, can I shower?" He asks.
"Yeah, bathroom's just down the hall, towels are in the closet in there. Use my stuff," I tell him.
"Ok, thanks."
He walks out of my room and I soon hear water running. I pick out a random shirt and jeans for the day then go down to the kitchen for snacks. After eating a Pop Tart I go back up to my room and lie on my bed lazily.
At around 12:20 the water shuts off and Jack renters my room.
"Ready to go?" I ask.
"Yep!" He answers.
We exit the house and I follow Jack to where he wants to take me.
"Where are we going?" I question after a few minutes.
"I can't tell you, it's a surprise."
"How long will it take to get there?"
"Just a while longer."
Jack leads me into some woods soon after that and after a few more minutes of walking we end up at a lake in the middle of a large clearing. I look around the area, "This place looks beautiful. How'd you find it?"
"Well when I was younger, like 7 or 8, my dad took me here and taught me how to swim. By pushing me into the lake abruptly," Jack says, laughing at the memory.
I laugh with him and ask, "Why not recreate that memory?"
"How so?" He asks.
I begin to strip down to my boxers and walk over to the lake, "Aren't you coming?"
Jack seems to snap out of whatever daze he was just in and does as I did, joining me over by the edge of the lake. just as he looks at me I push him into the crystal water by our feet.
"How's it feel?" I question when he resurfaces.
"I don't know why don't you join me?" He says shaking his hair out of his face. I jump in and feel the water engulf my body.
We spend until sunset swimming and splashing each other happily. We're actually in the middle of a little make out session when both of our phones start ringing.
We groan at the same time when we see it's our parents.
"Yes?" I answer.
"Alex I've been texting you for the past hour! Where are you?" Mom yells through my phone.
"Just out with Jack," I answer quietly.
"What have you been doing all day?" she asks, her voice and tone getting calmer.
"Swimming."
"Alright, just get home in the next hour," she says before hanging up.
I start to put my shirt and shorts back on while Jack talks to whichever parent figure called him.
Jack's POV
"Hello," I say answering my dad.
"Jack, your mom's been worried sick for the past hour, where are you?" He asks.
"Just out with Alex," I answer.
"But where are you right now?" He asks again.
"That lake you pushed me into when I was 7."
"Oh, that's pretty far out, you want me to come pick you two up?"
"No we'll be fine, see you soon."
"Alright," he says and hangs up.
I redress and walk over to Alex.
"My mom wants me home."
"Same, lets go," I say.
The walk to Alex's house is quiet.
"I had fun today," Alex whispers.
"I did too," I whisper back.
"Jack, I know this might be too soon since we only started dating yesterday, but we've been talking since the beginning of school and I've gotten really attached to you and I guess I'm trying to say, I love you," Alex says quickly.
"Good, because I love you too," I say smiling.
Alex looks at me grinning. We both start to lean in and soon our lips connect.
"Thanks for liking me," he says quietly.
"Thanks for being amazing," I tell him.
Soon after that we get to his house.
"See you Monday," he says.
"See you Monday," I reply.
I give him a quick kiss the hug him good bye.
When I get home I'm greeted by my parents both looking slightly stressed. I tell them that I'm ok and they don't have to worry about me, and they tell me to shower and go to bed.
After my shower I see a text from Alex.
Goodnight :* love you.
Love you too :*
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So so so sorry I didn't get this up faster, I just get distracted really easily and I forget stuff easily, but I hope that was good for you guys. I also noticed this has 603 reads. That's amazing! Thanks to all of you and hopefully I'll get another chapter up a little faster than this one.