Chapter 19

Alex's POV
On Monday I wake up slightly earlier than usual and manage to finish all my morning things by the time my mom would typically try to wake me up for the second time. After I change into a random t-shirt and jeans, I go downstairs to see mom and Andrew sleeping on the couch.
'I guess they have a day off,' I think to myself while taking a granola bar and walking out the door.
I text Jack to say I'm stopping by his house so we can walk to school together. He replies saying he'll be ready in about 15 minutes and that if I get to his house before he's ready to just knock since May will probably answer.
I continue my walk to his house and get there about 5 minutes later. I walk up to the door and knock, then May answers and invites me in saying Jack is just playing with his hair.
I giggle a little when she says that and imagine Jack standing in front of the bathroom mirror, styling his hair in just the right messy but neat fashion that he'll probably ruin later by running his hands through it.
Jack comes down after a minute or so and we're on our way. We hold hands on the way to school and talk about how to handle the day.
"So, I know you probably don't want to get beat up, so are you not feeling the whole coming out and being coupley in school thing?" I ask.
"I'd love to show the school my love for you, just not yet. I promise it'll be before the end of the year if that's okay though," Jack answers.
"It's fine with me, just let me know when you're ready for it," I tell him.
"Got it. Now when or how do you want to go about telling Zack and Rian about the band thing?"
"Well we could tell them during lunch or invite them to one of our houses then tell them."
"I'm leaning more towards the inviting them home option," he says after a moment of contemplation. "What about you?"
"I think the second option's better too."
"Then it's settled. And you and your mom are coming over this Saturday, right?"
"We are indeed."
"Cool, now since we're almost there and I can't do this for another like, seven hours," Jack pauses then turns my head so I'm facing him and kisses me lightly. "I'll see you in home room and fourth period."
"Yeah, see you," I say with a little smile.
We part ways and Jack walks to wherever his group congregates in the morning while I walk to home room. I sit in my desk and pull out a note book I've been writing in.
I open it to my current work called 'Six Feet Under The Stars'. I read over what I've written so far then think of what to add next.
I should have known better than to call you out
(On a night like this, a night like this)
If not for you, I know I'd tear this place to the ground
(But I'm alright like this, alright like this)
I'm gonna roll the dice before you sober up and get gone
(I'm always in over my head)
Thames Street
I'll take you out though I'm hardly worth your time
In the cold you look so fierce, but I'm warm enough
Because the tension's like a fire
We'll hit South Broadway in a matter of minutes
And like a bad movie, I'll drop a line
Fall in the grave I've been digging myself
But there's room for two
Six feet under the stars
The bell suddenly rings, pulling me from my book. I stand and go to my locker, grabbing my things for my first two periods then go in the direction of class.
I sit in my seat in the back corner of the room and prepare myself to zone out and text Jack for the class. Luckily there's a sub in today so we're faced with just being productive and quiet for the period.
I grab my notebook and my phone and send Jack a text saying Hey, how's class?
I continue my song while I wait for him to answer. My phone lights up a little, signifying his reply.
Extremely boring. You?
We've got a sub, so it's not too bad.
I envy you for that. My teacher's droning on about writing techniques.
Aw, poor little Jacky. At least you've got me through your phone.
He doesn't reply for a while so I work on the final verse of the song then go to another page and begin making some random drawings to pass time.
Class ends shortly after that and I head to second period, where I sit in the back, and wait for the lesson to end as the teacher drones on about math things. I'm one of the first to leave the class when the bell rings and I quickly make my way to the lunchroom. I sit at the same table Zack and I usually sit at, with the occasional Jack and, and I'm soon joined by Zack who immediately says, "Where were you this morning? I stopped by your house and when your mom answered she said you must've already left."
"I walked to school with Jack today. Sorry I didn't tell you, it must've slipped my mind," I tell him.
Zack looks hurt when he says, "You forgot that you've walked to school with your best friend everyday since freshmen year?"
"No! I just woke up a little earlier today and didn't knowing you were awake, and I- I'm sorry Zack," I say worriedly. "If you're pissed about it you can hit me or something."
Zack laughs at that, "I wouldn't hit you Alex. Not unless I had a real good reason to."
"Thanks, that's a nice reason not to get on your bad side."
"I know, I'm so intimidating right?"
"Zack, you couldn't be intimidating if you tried," I laugh.
Zack simply crosses his arms and pouts like a child.
We start laughing and once we've calmed down I ask, "Hey, you wanna come over to my house this Thursday?"
"Yeah, sure. What for?" He replies.
"Things," I say.
"Alright," he says with a questioning tone.
We go about the rest of lunch casually and once it ends, we part ways and go to our lockers.
I wait for Jack after grabbing my things and talk to him when he arrives.
"Hey."
"Hey, Lex," Jack says.
"Lex?" I ask.
"Yeah, I gave you a nickname. You like it?"  He asks hopefully.
"I love it. But now I've gotta give you one," I tell him.
"No you don't. Did you talk to Zack about the thing?"
"Yeah. My house, this Thursday. That good?" I ask.
"Yeah, that's great. See you next period."
"See ya."
We go to our respective classes and I sit through mine boredly, not bothering to pay much attention to the teacher.
"Alex! Answer question 30," my history teacher says suddenly.
I quickly read the question and answer, "Umm, Andrew Johnson was the first president to be impeached."
"Correct," he looks surprised that I answered correctly, but goes onto the next question.
I zone out for the rest of class and wait for the bell to ring. Once it does, I file out of the classroom with the other students and head to science. I sit and wait for Zack and Jack to enter the room and sit up quickly when Zack enters.
"Hey," he says while sitting on his stool.
"Hey, what's up?" I ask, noticing his happy demeanor.
He looks around at the students that are in the room currently and says quietly, "So last period, the girl I sit next to passed me this note, and since it was foreign language, the note was written in French and she asked me out!"
I smile happily, since this is basically the first time Zack's been with anyone aside from random dared or something.
"When's it happening?" I ask.
"Saturday afternoon and we're going to the movies."
"Cool. What's she like?"
"She's kinda tall, has long red dyed hair, wears glasses, and has heterochromia, so one eye's green and one is blue. Her names Kaci and she also like photography and the music we like," he explains.
"That's awesome, I wish you luck," I tell him.
"Thanks."
The class starts soon after that and we talk about random science stuff then when class ends, everyone heads to their lockers. Jack and I finish getting our stuff around the same time and walk out the building together.
"Wanna go to my house today?" I ask. "My mom's probably not home so she can't pester me about anything."
"Sure, just let me text May or someone," Jack says pulling out his phone.
We continue the walk home and head straight to my room. I plug in my iPod and start playing some random music and we begin our homework. Sometime in between when we finish our work and get snacks from downstairs we begin dancing in my room like idiots. Blink starts playing and The Rock Show begins.
Halfway through the song, Jack jumps off my bed, walks in front of me, and whispers, "I fell in love with the boy in homeroom."
I blush when he says that and look at the floor. I take a small step closer to him and hug him tightly.
"That was very cute of you to say," I mumble, smiling.
"Thanks, that's what I was going for," he replies.
I gently shove him and laugh at his statement. He pulls me towards him and kisses me lightly.
"Wanna watch a movie? You don't usually go home until around six, right?" I ask.
"That is correct. What do you want to watch?"
"You choose. I'll go make popcorn," I tell him.
I run downstairs and make the popcorn then run back upstairs to see the title screen for Home Alone on my TV and notice that my blinds have been closed and my lights were turned off.
I lie on my bed with Jack and say, "Let's watch."
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So... hey. Sorry for not updating for like 2 months or something. I've honestly had no time to write, but now I might be able to update more often. Anyway, was the chapter good? What do you guys think? Also, I'm starting school tomorrow, so that'll be enjoyable. But again, sorry for not updating for so long, and see you in the next chapter.