Chapter 11

Alex's POV
Jack excitedly pulls me up to his room after I accept him asking me to stay over for a while and texting my mom.
For a bit of time we just sit there in an oddly comfortable silence, before his sister walks in.
"Hey Jack, mom and dad told me to tell you they expect that you get some of your room cleaned before dinner," she informs.
Jack groans in response,"But I've been cleaning it. It looks nice now!"
"They said that you need to get it cleaner. Sorry," she says before leaving.
Jack looks at me," Wanna help me cheat cleaning my room?"
"How do you cheat cleaning a room?" I ask confused.
"You put the little things in places your parents wouldn't look to see if they're cleaned and hide all other things."
I accept and we split up who does what then I pull my iPod out of my pocket and start playing a random playlist.
The two of us get to work and also screw around with each other by tossing random objects at the other.
We're having a wonderful time up until the time when my phone begins ringing.
"Hello," I say without looking at the caller ID.
"Alex, I want you home in about half an hour to an hour if that's okay," my mom says from the other end.
"Yeah that's okay. Why do you need me home by then?" I reply.
"I have someone I'd like for you to meet," she says somewhat vaguely.
"Alright, see you in a bit," I say.
"Bye," she answers hanging up.
I set down my phone and catch Jack's questioning gaze.
"My mom wants me home within the next hour. Says she has someone she wants me to meet," I explain.
"How long until you have to leave?" He asks.
"I don't know, around thirtyish minutes since I've discovered I only live about a twenty minute walk from here," I say guessing the times.
"Okay, well it seems like we're done with my room, thanks for that by the way, what do you want to do?"
"I think I'd like to know more about you," I say.
"What would you like to know?" He asks laying down on his bed as I take a seat in his desk chair.
"I don't know, I'd like to know about your family, what interests you have, what you'd like to do when you're older, I'd like to go into the depths of the mind that is Jack Barakat," I say whilst leaning forward and staring into Jack's eyes.
He smiles at me, " Well my family consists of me, my older sister May, who spends her current post graduation days either at home doing random nothingness or going to her friends houses and such, my mother, Joyce, and the other 50% of my creators, my father Bassam," Jack begins.
I nod to show that I'm listening to him and that he should proceed.
"My interests include music, such as what we were discussing yesterday, staying up until midnight stalking tumblr and YouTube and such until it's physically impossible for me to keep my eyes open any longer. I'm also quite interested in one of my friends, but he doesn't know that yet," Jack continues with a slight smirk.
I don't know why, but that last sentence kind of makes my mood drop a little.
"Could I know who this friend is?" I ask slowly.
Jack's expression drops slightly at my question, "Umm... not quite yet."
"Alright, how interested in him are you?"
"Very and it hasn't taken long for me to take interest," Jack looks extremely uncomfortable with the current situation. "Let's talk about you some, what other interests do you have? Are you interested in anyone?
"I do almost exactly what you do, except I stay up until around 2:00 in the morning and continue discovering new bands each night. I'm not quite sure if I'm interested in anyone at the moment, but I'll be sure to tell you if I ever am," I explain.
He laughs lightly at what I say, "I'm glad to hear that. Have you found any bands recently that you'd like to share?"
"Oh I've found a bunch I'll text them to you later though, because it seems that I have to leave soon so I'm home in time for meeting my mother's friend. I'll see you tomorrow Jack," I say getting up and leaving his room, still wondering who this mysterious person he's interested in at the moment is.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I feel like this chapter was really kind of bad, but I'm never sure about my writing.
Also, I forgot to say this last chapter, but this story got to 100 reads and I think that's kind of cool.
So, until next chapter, have a nice day or days.