Chapter 10

Jack's POV
I get to our lockers before Alex does so I try to take my time getting all my things for my last classes of the day.
He arrives shortly after me and seems to be ignoring me.
"Hey Alex," I say.
"Hey," he mumbles back.
"Are you okay Alex?" I ask.
"Yep," he replies shortly.
"You're not a very good liar," I inform quietly.
"Shut up Jack."
"Then tell me what's wrong."
"Listen, I'm gonna be late to class if I don't go soon. I'll talk to you later," he says and rushes away quickly.
Alex's POV
I walk away from Jack quickly, trying to keep away from him.
I know I shouldn't be upset about lunch , he is popular, but there's still a small bit of hurt nagging at me that he did sit there.
I attempt to shake the thought off as I walk to my English class.
I get a text around halfway through class. Jack.
Would you please tell me what's wrong? It says.
Nothing, why do you care anyway? I send back.
Because I care about why you're mad at me. What happened? Was it lunch? He asks.
Wow aren't you smart. I type sarcastically.
After getting no response I go back to 'taking notes' on whatever the teacher is saying by actually drawing random nothingness and writing lyrics in my book.
-Last Period-
Jack's POV
The entire period I've payed absolutely no attention to whatever the teacher is rambling on about, and instead focusing on Alex.
I'm planning to get him to talk to me either at the end of the period or at our lockers but I don't know how. All I do know is that as soon as the bell rings I'm not letting him out of my sight.
Why do you care about him so much? That voice in the back of my mind asks.
I don't know. I feel drawn to him.
Does little Jacky have a crush? The voice taunts me.
I don't know. Maybe... leave me alone voice.
I'm greeted with silence so I think my mind listened to me.
The bell rings shortly after that moment and I almost immediately walk over to Alex while all the other s exit the classroom hurriedly.
"Alright talk to me," I say getting straight to the point.
"What about?" He asks.
"Don't play dumb with me Alex," I say strictly as we walk out of the room.
"Play dumb with you about what?" He asks, probably smirking.
"Come on Alex, I'm trying to be serious."
The two of us grab our backpacks and put whatever we need for the afternoon and close our lockers.
"Alex, stop ignoring me," I say following after him.
"Are you obsessed with me or something? I mean, you do follow me around a lot," he asks me.
"Shut up Alex. Just tell me why you're mad at me."
"I'm not mad at you," he mumbles.
"Then what's wrong? Is it lunch?" I ask.
"I don't know, sort of," he answers, still mumbling.
"I didn't really have a choice, okay? It was either sit there and not have any problems with the popular group, or not sit there and Kellin makes my life a living hell," I explain.
"What you're saying is, if you say with Zack and I you wouldn't be popular any more. Right?"
"No, if I say anywhere different in that room that would've happened. And sitting there sucked."
"How so?"
"I got mad and told Kellin off for talking bad about you and Zack. Then all we did for the entire lunch period was glare at each other."
"What's he say?"
"That by sitting near you two I could 'become one of them' basically saying you're both losers and that Zack could be something, but isn't since he hangs out with you."
"What's your stance on homosexuality Jack?" Alex asks after a moment of silence.
"Fine with me. I mean it'd be somewhat hypocritical if it wasn't," I answer.
The look on his face is somewhat priceless. The way his eyes widen in surprise at my last sentence and how is jaw drops slightly.
"Have you told anyone else?" He asks after recovering from his surprise.
"Nope."
"You haven't told any family or friends?"
"Not a one. Unless you count, since I do think we're friends."
"Well I guess we are but I don't count right now. Maybe you should tell someone else," he suggests.
"I might, I just don't know my parents stance on that so I might wait it out for a bit before telling them."
"What about your sister?"
"One day I'll tell her. I may even tell her this week, I just need a bit of insight."
"Well tell me when you tell them, alright?"
"Sure. I'll text you later since it seems to be that we are at my house. That is unless you want to stay for a bit?" I offer.
"I don't know. My mom thinks we're dating or something," he says unsure.
"Please. I don't have any other friends that can just come over, and I'm lonely," I plead, pouting slightly to get him to say yes.
He rolls his eyes at me but sighs saying," Okay, I guess I could stay for a bit. Just let me text my mom."
"Yes!" I yell pulling him to the front door and into the house.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Was that too rushed? I think it might have been. But thank you all for dealing with my terrible writing and updating skills, and happy late new year. :)