Chapter 13

Alex's POV
I walk into school with Zack discussing randomness then saying quick goodbyes as we part ways to go to our home rooms.
Jack is sitting at his desk again doodling on paper again.
"Hey Jack," I say sitting down.
He looks up and smiles, "Hey Alex."
"What are you drawing?" I ask leaning over to look at his paper.
"Just random nothings," he says.
Okay. Did you look up any of those bands I texted you about?"
"Yeah, I really liked them, My Chemical Romance is amazing," he says.
"I know I love them," I agree.
We talk for a bit more until the bell rings, dismissing us to our lockers and first period classes.
I get to my government class early and choose a seat in the back so I can be unbothered by the other students. That didn't work.
Apparently Kellin's in this class and I haven't noticed for the past few days, but just before class starts he walks up to me.
"Hi Kellin," I say without looking up from the book I'm reading.
"What have you been doing?" He asks.
"Well I've been doing just about the same as you, minus applying copius amounts of chemicals and product to my hair each morning," I answer casually. "Is your hair soft?"
I reach up in a somewhat joking fashion and he swats my hand away glaring at me.
"That's not what I meant and you know it. What have you been doing with my friend?"
"Making another friend."
"You know you can't do that."
"Why not? I don't think you can dictate who he talks to."
"Are you even aware of who you're talking to?"
"Yes, I do have eyes and the ability to recognize the most homophobic person in school."
"Listen Gaskarth," he starts with venom dripping from his voice. "Stay away from him. I don't need you infecting him with your gayness."
"I'm quite healthy right now though, I'm not sure it's possible to infect anyone."
Kellin gives me a look, huffs, and walks away.
I wonder why he's always so angry. How's his home life? Is he hiding something or does he just find pleasure in doing what he does?
I ponder over these questions for the majority of class without really coming to an actual answer to either of them.
The next class goes by somewhat quickly and I head off to lunch.
I notice Jack walk in looking conflicted for a brief moment before he slowly walks over to Kellin's table.
Zack sits next to me and we begin talking about random things before Jack and I's conversation from yesterday's conversation from last night pops into my brain and I start thinking of who he likes and for some reason feel somewhat upset.
"Alex. You okay?" Zack asks, lightly nudging me.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?"
"You got really quiet and started blankly staring over at the table Jack's sitting at," he explains.
"Oh, must've just gotten lost in thought," I smile slightly at him as if to prove that I'm fine.
He gives me a sort of disbelieving look but doesn't get the chance to say anything, since the bell rings and we both have to go separate ways to get to our lockers.
Zack's POV
I noticed Alex start looking slightly upset over something, and asked him about it but he just tried to play it off like he just got lost in thought, but I know better.
When I get to my locker I wait for Rian to get to his since maybe what Alex was thinking about has to do with Jack.
"Hey Rian," I greet him as he opens the metal container to retrieve his books.
"Hey Zack, what's up?" He asks.
"Not much, but I do have a question for you," I say as we begin walking to our next class.
"Shoot."
"Well today at lunch, Alex got really zoned out and looked kind of upset about something, and he was staring in Jack's direction so I thought it might have something to do with him. So have you noticed anything different about Jack recently?" I ask.
Rian ponders my question for a moment, "Well I've noticed him seeming extremely interested in Alex since school started."
I nod, "Thanks Rian."
"Welcome Zack," he replies as we walk into class and to our respective desks.
I wonder what's up with Alex for most of the period but don't come to much of a conclusion.
I walk into chemistry and choose my seat next to Alex as usual.
"Hey Zack," Alex says, glancing up at me from the book he's reading.
"Hey Alex," I say back as I sit down. "What's up with you and Jack?"
He looks up at me questioningly, "What do you mean?"
I shrug, "Like how are you guys, what's been going on?"
He groans somewhat, "You and my mom both? Come on Zack."
"What?"
"My mom thinks Jack and I are dating and now you're asking about us, what's up with this Zack?" He asks.
"Oh umm... I was just asking because I thought your little thing at lunch had to do with him," I mumble awkwardly.
"Zack, don't worry about that. Okay? It was nothing," he says.
I nod and we don't say much else for the rest of the class period.
Jack's POV
The day seems to have gone by fast since before I even realize it the final bell rings and all the other kids in the class hurry out of the Chemistry room.
I walk to my locker and grab my things then wait for Alex so I can walk out with him.
When he arrives I greet him and ask if he'd like to come over again this afternoon, to which he replied, "How about you come over to my house today?"
"Sure, that sounds cool," I accept.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So, sorry about the long time it took to update. Is 6 days a long wait? If it is sorry.
Also comment your thoughts on this chapter, and I will see you in the next chapter.