Chapter 15

Alex's POV
I wake up to my phones incessant ringing and slowly feel around me to find it on the nightstand next to the bed I'm in.
"Yes?" I ask when I answer the call.
"Where have you been all afternoon Alex?!" My mom yells into my ear.
"Oh um, long story," I say slowly.
"At least tell me where you are," she sighs.
"Uhh... Jack's house," I say looking around the room.
"Alright, if you feel like it come home before 6."
"Got ya," I say and she gangs up after saying bye.
I decide it'd probably be a good idea to get out of Jack's bed and figure out what happened since Kellin and others beat me up.
I pull on my own pants before walking out of his room and toward the stairs.
As I near the bottom of the stairs I hare voices.
"Jack you've been pretty quiet all afternoon, will you please talk to me?" A girl's voice says.
"May, I've gotta tell you something," I hear Jack say.
"Alright, I'm all ears."
"Well at least tell me you won't hate me after I tell you."
"I promise, now tell me."
"Okay, to start off, I'm gay," Jack begins.
May gasps and says, " Really? Have you told anyone else?"
"Yes, I told Alex. Now after sharing that news, I need help with something."
"Okay?"
"Well, when I met Alex I thought talking to him would be nice, since he had a Green Day shirt on and he looked cute. But since I started talking to him we've grown closer, and I've started to like him more, so I guess I'm saying, I need your help to tell him that I like him," Jack says and my heart skips a beat.
"You mean that?" I ask, stepping around the corner.
Jack looks at me surprised, "Umm... I guess I do. I mean it is true that I like you, and I think you're cute and stuff."
He blushes after saying that and looks down.
May seems to sense that this isn't her moment to be in and exits the room. After I hear a door close, I walk closer to Jack.
"It's nice to know you like me," I tell him quietly.
He looks up at me and smiles slightly.
"I don't just like you Alex, I kind of like like you," he says.
I say nothing and simply take half a step forward and connect our lips. Jack gasps a little before kissing back, and after a short moment we break the kiss and smile at each other.
"Alex Gaskarth. will you be my boyfriend?" Jack asks grinning.
I nod slowly, "Yes."
This time we each pull the other into a tight hug, which would have lasted longer if my mom hadn't chosen to call.
"Yes mom?" I ask.
"Alex, could you please come home now? You've started to worry me," she states.
"Yes mom, I'll be home shortly," I reply.
"Alright," she says then hangs up.
"I gotta go, bye," I say giving Jack a light kiss on the cheek.
"I'm gonna walk with you, okay?" He says. "Just to make sure you get home safely."
I accept and we leave his house after I grab my things and Jack tells May we're leaving.
On the walk to my house Jack brings up the Kellin thing.
"So are you gonna tell your mom about the getting beaten up after school thing?"
"Probably not."
"Then how are you gonna explain being home late, the soon to be bruises on your body, and why you're wincing every time someone touches you in certain areas of your body?"
"Don't know."
He sighs.
"Has this ever happened before?"
"Yes," I mumble.
"Oh, Alex," he looked at me with sad eyes and I couldn't take it.
"Please, don't look at me like that. I got the same look when Tom died, the same look when people heard my dad left, I'm tired of that look. Don't pity me for my misfortune."
Jack pulls me into a hug and whispers, "I'm not pitying you Alex, I'm just worried about you. How many times has that happened before?"
"I don't know, like two or three other times. It wasn't as bad before though," talking about this is making me feel awkward. "Can we not talk about this for now?"
"Alright."
-Meanwhile with Kellin-
Kellin's POV
I got home almost three hours ago.
Mom's never out of the house for more than an hour and a half.
Where are you? I text her again.
I wait stressfully to see my screen light up to tell me she's messaged back.
The vibration it makes a few moments later startles me.
I got held up at work for a while longer than usual. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner. Her answer is.
It's fine. You scared me though. When will you be home?
I should get home before 6:00. I'm getting out soon.
Ok.
If only she knew how worries me sometimes. But I understand to say the least, I mean she does have to work a lot to make sure she can pay all the bills , and that we can buy all that we need since dad left.
It angers me that he left me and my mother without reason. Just left one night and that was it. He didn't even have the decency to leave a note or something to explain why he left.
I guess that's one of the reasons why I'm always so angry, maybe I should apologize to Jack and Alex about this afternoon. But how do you just walk up to someone and say you're sorry about doing something like I did? I'm too tired to think about this right now, I'll consider it more in the morning.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So just a little bit of insight on little mister Quinn and how he feels about life. As usual, feel free to comment your thoughts on the chapter or book, and I'll see you in the next chapter.