20 | Unhappy

[4 years earlier]

"Yo Yoongs?" I called, but received no answer.

"Hello, earth to Yoongi?? You ever heard of DDLG?", I asked once more using my foot to tap his shoulder that resided at the other end of the couch. My thumbs continued to fanatically scroll through the endless kink forums. My search history would surely be corrupted by the end of this.

It wasn't everyday you stumble upon the kink you've been searching for your entire life.

From the floor, Yoongi turned his head towards my sprawled limbs that draped off the couch. He pushed my foot off his shoulder, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"What the hell is DDLG?" He questioned, seemingly uninterested.

"If I tell you, you can't think it's weird." I sat up and moved next to him on the carpeted floor.

"Whatever." He shrugged.

Coming from Yoongi, that was a good enough answer for me. "So it's this kink, within BDSM an-" Not even a sentence in and the guy was already ready to shut me up. In hindsight, it can't be that normal to discuss such kinks with your friends.

"Listen Jungkook, I don't want to hear about your kinks. I'd rather live without knowing you like it in the ass." He snickered at his joke with a lazy smirk; that little bastard. "That's not what the kink is you fucker." I retorted with a frown, "And that's rich coming from the ass eater."

He rolled his eyes in an attempt to contain his cheesy grin. "I see you still need to learn respect. It was a one time thing and I'm never doing that shit again."

A one time thing my ass.

I tried again, "Are you gonna listen this time?"

He hummed a meek yes, clasping his palms together to give me his undivided attention. With giddy eyes, I glanced to my phone with the plethora of definitions and began explaining the entire kink to him. It wasn't anything complicated, but of course I had to include reasoning. I couldn't let my kinks go unjustified.

"So you have a daddy kink on steroids?" He simplified with a breathy laugh to which I scoffed. I did all that explaining only for him to sum it up in a condensed sentence. This guy gets on my nerves sometimes.

"I guess you could say that..." I uttered, getting off the living room floor and heading to the kitchen for a snack.

Yoongi of course followed since our conversation wasn't exactly finished. "Sounds like something I'd be into honestly. But as for you.....you only turned twenty and you still live with your parents. So how will that dynamic even work?" He leaned against the marble countertop, his mind consumed in deep thought.

"It's just that, I'm twenty. I'll be moving out soon and it'll all work out then." I spoke with confidence.

I had a job offer lined up, I'd be starting my paid apprenticeship. After that's done I'll be certified enough to begin working as an actual professor. Being a professor wasn't something I passionate about, but I had to make a living somehow.

My mother didn't approve of my desires to sing, she never has. She denied every single musical bone in my body to the point of rejecting me as a whole.

As I got older she said I need to find a real job, a job that could support a family. She prioritized comfortably before my happiness, and ever since she made that clear I've been afraid to chase my dreams.

I don't sing in the shower anymore. I don't dare hum my favorite tunes, nor would I ever pick up a pen and pad to write lyrics. My mother's words tug relentlessly at my heart, but I'd never admit she makes me miserable. She's just looking out for me, right?