8 | Rose

By the fifth shop we entered, daddy's arms were already filled with bags with all kinds of goodies in them.

I walked beside daddy empty handed, the past few stores I've been begging him to let me help carry some of the bags but my attempts fail. "Let me carry some daddy...pleaseee." I tried grabbing one of them out his hands, but it was as if he saw my unspoken plan because he jerked his arms away from me.

"No babygirl, they're too heavy for you." He protested. Accepting defeat, I huffed and pursed my lips together.

I just wanted to help.

We walked around one store for what felt like ages and nothing seemed to catch my eyes. That was until we stumbled upon the prettiest dress I've ever seen.

It was beige with tiny black polka dots with a cut out near the ribcage to show some skin. "Daddy can I please get this dress?" I asked admiring the beauty of the dress.

"Of course babygirl, anything for you." He replied instantly and taking my size off the hanger. My short lived moment of admiration was interrupted once another dress stood out amongst my line of vision. I wanted that dress too, but what would daddy think of me? Do I even deserve to be this greedy?

"Daddy?" I mumbled looking at my shoes. "Yes baby? What is it??" He frowned, his face rising up un slight panic, however, it didn't last long.

"Nothing is wrong, b-but would it be okay if I got another dress from here? Please..." I begged looking at him with pleading eyes.

"Anything for you." He agreed with an eye smile, making me return the warm gesture. Once we were at the other pretty dress, daddy looked at the price tag and then inside his wallet that had a couple bills of currency left. The longer he stared at the wallet, the more his smile faded. As a result, so did mine.

"Baby....I um can't afford to get both right now. We can only get one more dress." I couldn't tell if he was disappointed or embarrassed; maybe both.

Even in this unfortunate situation I came up with a solution.

"Daddy we can get both! Big me has money so I'll just pay for it." I said excitedly. All those shifts working with Wanda actually paid off for little me.

I'll get to have both beautiful dresses hehe

"But babygirl, I'm supposed to be taking care of you." He retorted unable to put his pride aside this one time.

Not listening to him, I took the dress off the rack, and went to the register. Daddy followed with a small sigh, ultimately paying for both dresses. "Big me had the money in a purse. I'll look for it when we get home daddy!." I said in excitement watching the women fold the dresses in the bag. I clapped my hands taking the bag in my hands as soon as I could.

"Don't worry, I got it babygirl." Daddy said after witnessing the smile on my face. "As long as your happy, I'm happy." He added as we walked out the store.

"Where are we going next?" I questioned with butterflies seeing that we were finally leaving the mall. Being around so many people was exhausting.

"To the food court. You've been so patient all day so we'll have dinner here." He led the way interlacing our hands to keep me from wavering away from him.

The smell of delicious food signified that we had finally made it to our destination. I drooled over the smell of all the yummy food that was being cooked. It reminded me of all the food I saw once we entered the mall.

"Daddy can I get that?!" I squealed looking at the pink colored ice cream sundae. A young girl sipped on her drink instantly smiling at the taste.