13 | Professor Jeon

[jungkook's pov]

I threw my work bag into my desk chair, pulling out the lesson plans for the day. There wasn't much to do since I already assigned my class their new essay prompt.

At times I absolutely despised being a teacher. Most times it's inconvenient to work from home, being present in class makes the job easier. Yet this makes it almost impossible for me to take care of y/n, especially after what happened.

It's been a couple weeks since the incident. Sometimes I hear her cries haunting my dreams at night. It always ends in me barging in her room, but ending up seeing her fast asleep. I haven't had a decent night sleep since then, but in some way I believe it's my punishment for failing to see the signs.

She wouldn't talk, eat, or sleep for days, so a little fatigue wasn't anything I couldn't handle. At her own delicate pace, she's gradually getting better as the days go by. Some days are harder than others, but by the graces of the gods, I wasn't alone.

With my paid leave days dwindling down, I was able to convince Wanda to help me out and watch y/n. Even with this transaction, I still haven't met the woman in person. That should definitely go on the agenda for the future.

While I'm grateful for her help, Wanda is only a temporary solution for something that needs permanence. I had no other choice because I already missed too much work. I knew I could trust Wanda and that was the most important quality all things considered.

After that bullshit Jinyoung pulled I'm constantly on edge. At the snap of a finger something could trigger y/n and she'll shut down. Like I said, it's getting better but we're still working on it.

By her choice she re-lived everything to me. She reiterated all the hurtful things he said and I've been working on trying to push those notions out her head.

She means the world to me and I would never let that scum bag taint her mind like that. She's perfect, always has been and always will be–

"You seem to have a lot on your plate Mr. Jeon." A feminine voice spoke up interrupting my thoughts. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the sight of the woman that stood at the doorway to my classroom.

"Good to see you too Rose." My smile unable to meet my eyes, I greeted her. Like I had a choice. I mentally scoffed at her flirtatious eyes, which I avoided. "And please stop calling me Mr. Jeon. I'm sure we're past the formalities." I added.

She left her spot at the door frame to come closer. Her body moved like a snake as she slithered over to my desk. Darkness lied within her eyes, she had nothing but ill intent.

"You know, if you need anyone to talk to I'm here for you." Her lips pouted as she leaned down to run her hand down my arm.

"I appreciate it, but I'm sure you have your own life to focus on." I politely declined her offer. I already had my mind set on the person I wanted to spill all my darkest secrets to.

I've lost count of how many times I've had to reject this woman. Her games were getting old.

When I first began working here, sure, I didn't mind the attention. In fact I enjoyed it enough to sleep with her. Once. Plus, it made my job bearable at the time. Then her shameless teasing got old and it started getting in the way of my work.

In all honesty, the main reason I wanted nothing to do with her started when y/n showed up. I haven't looked at any other woman since she came into my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Okay, then maybe we could go grab lunch sometime." She smiled with hopeful eyes. Avoiding her pleading stare, I looked at the time seeing that class would start soon. Even a couple students had arrived early and were taking their seats.