Chapter ❹

Chapter Four [EDITED]

Him & Her

Bahirah

"Marry who?" Yusuf questions looking at me with eyebrows crossed.

Uh oh looks like he didn't know about her.

My mum moves slightly on her chair and gives me the disappointed look saying, "Bahirah!"

I smile innocently and distract my eyes off and lend them on a confused Yusuf.

I know Yousuf has a girl on his mind. When he graduated from high school, his only two dreams were to own a coffee shop and marry the girl of his dream. He definitely accomplished the first one, because his professional at what he does and there was no financial issues that could hold him down. However, marrying the girl of his dream became a huge challenge because first of all, he turns into the quite person when he sees her and because of that I'm assuming he hasn't approached her up to this point. 

At that time where he was persuading our father to allow him run a business of his own, he agreed to any condition my father declared, hence, why, he is now in a sticky situation because the condition he agreed to was to marry the girl my parents choose for him. 

Yusuf being his usual self, did not care about such kind of stuff at that time, trusted mum and dad to detect a good wife for him, and now what is he going to decide? 

My dad clears his throat, and my mum stands up and starts clearing the table slowly. 

"Son.." my dad starts making Yusuf put down the glass of water and draws full attention to him.

"I have found a suitable spouse for you. She is Mashallah a very independent woman from a respectful family. Her father is a great friend of mine and agreed to have a family gathering this upcoming Saturday." 

Yusuf doesn't show any emotion. 

I take a glimpse of his eyes. He is not liking where this is going. 

My mother stops what she is doing and puts her hand on Yusuf's arm. "What's wrong honey? Is something bothering you?"

He spaced out. But, thinking of who?

Yusuf gives a weak smile, and shakes his head.  

 "No. No. It's perfect. I will take a day off work." 

"Fantastic! It's official then," my dad announces with a content smile and stands up to leave. He taps Yusuf's shoulder on the way and says, "I know you won't let me down son, I'm proud of you."

Yusuf's looks down with a deep breath and then smiles up to our father. 

~

Yasina 

"Mum! You what!" I say in shock. 

"Exactly! And no more questions. Get yourself ready presentably." She gets up to leave but stops midway, "Make sure you wear the red one that I brought you last time. And apply some makeup." And then she leaves.

I slam my head on the pillow and stop breathing in frustration. 

~
I get out of the bathroom while drying my hair with a towel and my phone starts ringing.

I sit on the bed and pick up the phone. 

"SALAM AND HELLO!" Saba, a very close friend of mine speaks loudly over the phone. 

"Hello? Yasina? Are you there? 

I inhale loudly as I figure my mum has let the town know before me, the person who is actually going through the situation. "Don't tell me my mum told you about him?" I exclaim getting more frustrated with the situation I'm stack in.

"Okay! Khalas I won't," she simply answers. "But who is the lucky guy who proposed to you? Huh? Come on, spill all of it out Yas." She blurts out the questions.

I roll my eyes and say embarrassedly, "You've got to be kidding me, Saba! How am I supposed to know? I haven't even seen him yet and neither wish to. So, please stop interrogating me if your not going to help me get out of this situation, otherwise, goodbye!" I attempt to cut the call but Saba calls out loudly, "Yas! wait. wait. wait-" 

"What?"

"Do other girls know?"

"They will soon, because our Saba knows. Now goodbye!"

I cut the call and stare at the ceiling. Am I actually going to get married this time? Who is the guy seriously? Am I going to like him? 

What do I do now? 

"Your mum said to-" I jump out of the bed startled at Zayn's abrupt entry. 

He begins chewing loudly but I cut him off, "I know!" I shoo him off but he doesn't budge even a little bit from his spot.

"Alright. One question though, what are you doing on the floor?" I give Zayn a blank expression and answer with, "Digging my way out of this house, what else?"

Zayn 

The bell rings signalling the guest has arrived. I pop my head inside the living room and say to my uncle, "Kaka, the guest has arrived."

A man around his 40s enters first followed by another man around his 20s and hugs my uncle. They return greeting with laughter as I do the same politely. My aunty joins us and greets the woman. When they enter the living room I close the front door but soon someone knocks lightly making me open door. 

But, I find myself frozen.

What is she doing here?

________________••________________