Chapter ❷⓪

CH. 20 RECAP

Mariam arrives late to Yousef's engagement party. Sarah and Rania volunteers to take responsibility to look after Rania and Yasina's younger siblings, who is known to be the biggest troublemakers. Sarah is left amused at Rania's six-year-old brother, Mohammad's, confession and leaves the room making Sarah anxious about the trouble he is able to cause. Later, Sarah is taken to her favourite place by Yasina, where she meets Bryson again. Their little encounter at the garden turns into a mess when Bryson accidentally bumps into Sarah causing another bruise on her forehead. Bryson attempts to make up for his mistake by bringing a bandage for her but to only find that she has left the garden. Then later that evening, Grayson's performance leaves both Bryson and Sarah speechless, as she discovers two similar faces, and reminds her of the 'kidnapping incident' once again.

Chapter 21

Exaggeration and Emergencies

Sarah

I drink my third glass of water and force the oxygen to flow in and out.

Let me just quickly recap this whole situation, cause apparently, my mind is about to explode from over exaggeration.

First of all, I have to figure out which one of them dared to touch me and forced me into their car.

Second, who on earth is the one that punched the other guy at a perfect time. By perfect I mean out of all the places but in front of Yasina's Future in-law's house.

Gradually, I enter reality and realise my cup is empty. Wait, why is there only man in the garden? Where did the ladies go? Seeing that all their eyes are stealing glances at my way, as natural as possible I make my way out of the garden.

"Aaa! Bismillah!"

I look up and find an apologetic Rania staring at me in horror.

"O Khuda! Your dress! I'm so sorry Sarah." I look at Rania calmly and drag both of ourselves out of the entrance.

I don't bother touching my dress as I continue to drag a horrid looking Rania, however, I stop and realize I don't know where I'm heading to.

"Sarah, your dress?" Rania articulates from behind. I turn to her and look beyond her back for any men and then breath comfortably.

"It's fine," I reply, "wait, Soda?" I ask. She shakes her head with a no.

"It was water. I hope it doesn't leave a mark on your dress," she adds.

"Ugh, I don't know. It will dry off, don't worry. I'm just glad I'm not in there. Where are all the ladies?"

She guides me into the house and states, "I think they're inside. I saw a couple of women heading into the mansion on my way to coming to you."

I become mesmerised by the huge space and decor of the house, or mansion as Rania claims.

"Up the stairs," Rania announces.

I walk carefully with my three-inch heels, clutch, and long dress, knowing that there is a hundred percent chance of me slipping down the stairs and breaking my bones.

In the midst of my horrible imagination, I manage to look at Rania and witness her bright smile turn upside down when we reach the top of the stairs.

"What? Are we lost already?" I ask and fix my hijab.

"Wait," she observes lost in her thoughts, looking both ways, "Loungeroom or bedroom? Wait, pictures, pictures, pictures...Yes!" She turns right and I follow behind.