Chapter ❶②

[EDITED]

Taken & Single

Chapter Thirteen

|| Yasina's POV

I find Sarah searching for us and I shoot my hands up for her to see.

"Yas! I didn't know you were going to be here, Salam Alaykum," Sarah cheers whilst approaching everyone with a tight embrace.

"Walikum Salam! How are you beautiful, how's everything been?" I ask then we pull away and everyone takes their seat looking delighted to be together.

"Alhamdulilah, it's been so long since we last saw each other," she remarks once we all settle down taking our seats.

"Yes, she's right. It's been like forever girl," Rania joins.

"First of all, Alhamdulillah I'm very good! But girls, I truly apologise for not calling or anything." I straighten my posture as I make a formal apology. "I know you guys were busy with your studies and all, but I swear it's not intentional. I've been so busy with everything. Like I don't even know where to start from but before I move on, I missed you guys so much!" I finish my short explanation and everyone looks at me with an empathy mixed with curiousness. 

"That's okay, at least everything is over and we are all back together again. I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait any longer, so spill everything girl," Rania says in one breath gathering everyone's eye to the main topic.

"Everyone," Saba stands with a glass of water and clicks the side of the glass with a spoon, "it's time for Yas to disclose the news. She is the guest speaker for today, and wanted everyone present here. So let's put our whole attention and soul to what she has to say." When Saba officially makes the announcement, three pairs of eyes eagerly await for my news along with one-third of the cafe staring at our direction with confusion. 

Embarassment is covered with the excitement the girls yet to hear from me. 

After an internal preparation, I take the cue and start speaking. 

'Please don't freak out,' I start then hold onto dear courage and let my story flow naturally. 

~

Saba holds herself from spilling the tea, while Rania and Sarah look as if they did not expect anything like this coming.

"What did you just say?" Rania retorts bluntly, capturing a couples attention sitting behind her. 

"Are you for real?" Saba asks softly.

"You got like engaged, engaged?" Sarah confirms, her eyes flicking very fast. 

I notice the couple get back to their business as I nod my head slow and steadily.

Like a silent storm, the girls applaud and congratulate me turning our quiet corner into a celebration party. The couple gives us one last 'I've-had-enough-of-them' look and changes their seat.

"So, who is this lucky person, who captured our bride-to-be's eyes?" Rania continues with flashy eyebrows. Saba elbows me, as they make it obvious that they want more details.

"We are serious, who is the other half?" Saba demands softly, keeping her.

I chuckle at them and bring the girls closer. Quietly, almost with a whisper I say, "Promise you guys are going to react as natural as possible?"

They nod their heads quickly.

"Alright, without looking obvious, slowly look behind you."

I take my coffee and sip slowly and wait for their reaction patiently.